Stockland: Your land of opportunity
As a top Graduate employer, our program offers you a permanent role and takes you on a 2-year journey that will kick-start your career. Those experiences include the support of a dedicated Career Coach, tailored learning events, connecting with Graduates and senior leaders from around the country, and much more.
This Graduate role will work with Stockland Group’s Legal team who are responsible for delivering legal services and solutions across a broad spectrum of practice areas. As a Graduate, you will rotate through Stockland’s various Legal departments to gain a broad overview of the function and its responsibility in ensuring the organisations success. Throughout your two years, you will have four, 6-month rotations that are all pre-determined throughout Residential Legal, Corporate Legal, CP Legal and Group Risk teams. The experience you will gain from these rotations will help you decide where you would like to look to for your next career step, after the Graduate Program finishes.
Want to know what it's like to be a Stockland Graduate? Click here to watch a short video.
Responsibilities are varied; you will support the team to:
· Assist with managing advice, matters and transactions through a panel of specialist law firms.
· Support with drafting, reviewing, negotiating and advising on a variety of agreements and issues.
· Build and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
· Contribute to the development of internal precedents.
· Contribute to the preparation and delivery of internal training on legal topics.
· Contribute to team success by working collaboratively with other team members; sharing ideas and knowledge; and seeking to learn from team members.
· Support internal stakeholders in negotiating and documenting commercial agreements and outcomes.
· Undertake or participate in ad hoc projects as required.
· Enhance Stockland’s Operational Risk leadership practices and reputation by adhering to relevant compliance and regulatory obligations; participating in operational risk training; and contributing to the development and review of operational risk procedures.
· You are currently studying for or have completed a suitable degree within 24 months of the program start date, in February 2023.
· We have a preference for applicants who have completed a Law degree (or equivalent qualification). Along with this, you will either hold or be eligible to hold an Australian Legal Practising Certificate following completion of a Practical Legal Training course in 2023.
· Undergraduate experience in a legal practice will be valued but not essential.
· Due to the permanent nature of this role, we can only accept applications from Citizens or Permanent Residents of Australia or New Zealand.
Stockland’s proposition to you:
At Stockland we are a company delivering outcomes that benefit the community at large. Our portfolio is diverse and so are the opportunities for professional and career development. This helps us to deliver on our commitment to provide our people with broad experiences to build a successful career.
Stockland has a strong commitment to achieving the best outcomes through an inclusive and collaborative culture. Our customers come from diverse backgrounds, and we want our teams to reflect this.
Please click apply to submit your application and we will be back in touch throughout the recruitment process. The closing date for applications is Friday 12th August 2022.
Not the role for you? We have a range of Graduate roles on offer. Check them out here.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Business and Commerce, Law, Property
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- POSITION START DATE
Feb 2023 (approx)
- Closing Date:9th Aug 2022, 1:55 am