The ideal candidate will possess the following experience, skills and qualifications:
- Relevant degree in actuarial studies, statistics, engineering, mathematics, econometrics or related field.
- Advanced Excel skills, with exposure to (or the ability to quickly learn) other analytical tools and systems.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyse data, identify key issues, develop solutions and drive data-based decisions.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Results oriented, self−motivated and pro−active.
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment.
- Time management skills – prioritisation of work without supervision.
- Adaptable and responsive to a continuously changing environment.
- Experience working in an analytical role and/or using SAS, Emblem, SQL.
- Experience working in financial services and/or insurance.
- An understanding of the Insurance products, industry, market environment and customer segment.
- A knowledge of pricing tools, techniques, and methods; ability to assess analytical and pricing models using statistical principles.
This is a 12 month contract position in Brisbane or Sydney.
If this sounds like you, apply online today. Contact Andy Hamblin on (07) 3135 4154 if you require any further information after reading the position description.
- Job type:Graduate jobs
Actuary, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics
Australian Permanent Resident, Australian Citizen,...
- Closing Date:31st Dec 2017, 8:00 am