The Suncorp Graduate Experience
Suncorp’s Graduate Program is a two-year accelerated development program designed to equip you with the tools you need to launch your career in the corporate world. Mentored by our inspiring leaders, you will receive on-the-job training, guided learning plans and will have experiences that will enable you to develop professional skills and networks. We are ranked a Top 100 Graduate Employer in AU and NZ – Join us in 2022!
Our Graduates specialise in one core business area and within these areas, you will experience four six-month rotations with placements in four key teams of that business. We have an idea of how those rotations will work but we want to hear your voice. Your preferences are considered to ensure you get the most out of the program and we can work towards your future career aspirations together.
Core Business Areas:
Insurance (Sydney, Brisbane, Perth or Melbourne)
Insurance is a core function of Suncorp, operating under several mass and niche brands including AAMI, Suncorp, Shannon’s and Vero. As an Insurance Graduate, you will help bring this ambition to life, injecting new and innovative ways of thinking and getting things done. Key areas you could be involved in:
- Personal Injury (Portfolio, Product, Pricing, Underwriting, Claims, Assurance, and Strategic Initiatives and Projects),
- Insurance Projects (Business Analyst allocated to projects within Claims, Distribution and Product & Pricing Regulatory portfolios),
- Consumer (work with our insurance brands such as by managing the insurance portfolio’s profitability whilst balancing customers’ needs.
- Make decisions with data and insights and be supported by Customer, Pricing & Analytics, Risk, Compliance & Regulatory Change teams) &
- Commercial (underwriting, portfolio management, profitability, risk selection, pricing, distribution/sales and service).
Human Resources (Brisbane)
Suncorp’s People, Culture & Advocacy team hold people at the forefront of what we do. Our Graduates program provides Graduates with opportunities to develop core HR competencies, and to also gain experience skills in the more strategic, analytical and technical elements of Human Resources.
Typically, rotations completed by our Graduates include placements in areas as diverse as:
Talent Acquisition, Solutions Hub (HR Case Management) Strategic Advice, The office of the People, Culture & Advocacy Group Executive, Diversity & Inclusion, and Reward.
Banking & Wealth (Brisbane)
We were crowned Money Magazines Bank of the Year for four consecutive years. Get involved in the action while rotating across some of the following areas:
Bank Performance Management; Treasury Risk & Data Analytics; Capital Strategy & Risk Models; Treasury; Strategy and Insights; Home Lending; Deposits or Payments etc.
Business Banking (Brisbane, Gold Coast or Sydney)
This area services customers operating in the broad range of industries who require relationship sales and service from dedicated Business Bankers. Graduates typically rotate in teams such as;
Commercial finance, Branches and Business Support Unit (lending, credit etc)
Risk is critical to Suncorp's ability to achieve its Strategy and deliver on its purpose of building futures and protecting what matters. Graduates will gain hands-on risk and compliance management experience and learn how smart risk-taking drives sustainable business growth and innovation while building maintaining the confidence and trust of customers, the community and industry regulators.
Suncorp is a top-50 ASX-listed company employing approximately 13,000 employees with $96 billion in assets and enabling more than 9 million customers to better protect and enhance their financial wellbeing. You might know us through our intermediated brands, AAMI, Shannons, GIO and Bingle. Our portfolio of brands means our people can take advantage of the career opportunities that come with a large-scale organisation, while also enjoying the flexibility and flat hierarchy of a small one.
Our Purpose is Building Futures and Protecting what matters! We believe that we will be our best when our workforce is as diverse, talented and passionate as the communities in which we live and operate. Find out more about our approach to diversity and inclusion here.
- Flexible work arrangements embracing a healthy work/life balance
- Permanent role from day one!
- Discounts on insurance products
- Corporate discounts at a variety of retailers
- Volunteer Days and much more!
For a full range of our benefits please visit https://www.suncorpgroup.com.au/careers/benefits
We are looking for Graduates who:
- Are seeking to kick start their career in financial services or the corporate world and are eager to proactively participate in their own career journey
- Possess high level communication skills, love building relationships, are motivated, flexible, resilient and able to work collaboratively within diverse teams
- Come from a variety of backgrounds and academic disciplines. We want the right person for the right job!
- Are Australian / New Zealand Citizens or Australian/NZ Permanent Residents at time of application. Please refer to our website for further eligibility criteria.
Our Recruitment Process:
The successful candidates will:
- Apply online by midday 23rd August 2021 by filling in our application form and attaching your resume
- Take an online assessment
- Complete a video interview.
- Attend our Virtual Assessment Centre
- Accept offer
- Commence your Grad Program on 31st January 2022.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Actuary, Administration, Architecture, Arts and...
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne,...
- Position Start Date
January 31, 2022
- Program Duration
- Remote Friendly
- Closing Date:23rd Aug 2021, 2:00 am