Teaching Internship Program 2021 (Paid) - Mathematics & Science
Applications close: 2 August 2020
Internship start date: January 2021
Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) is responsible for the leadership of 152 Catholic primary and secondary schools across the Archdiocese of Sydney, which educates over 70,000 students.
We are offering several paid internship opportunities (commencing in January 2021) to help you get a head start on your teaching journey and learn from on the job classroom and teaching experiences where you will have an opportunity to develop your professional knowledge, practice, and engagement.
- 2 days per week (inclusive of all part-time leave benefits)
- Dedicated personalised mentor
- Ongoing professional learning
- Permanent teaching position within Sydney Catholic Schools at the successful completion of the internship*
- Knowledge of and commitment to the mission of Catholic Education
- Willingness to immerse in the program
- Eagerness to be involved in school activities and collegial conversations
- An ability to work within a team environment
- Desire to learn and take on feedback and adjust teaching practices based on feedback received
- Final Year of Teacher Education course in 2021 (strong record in Secondary Mathematics and/or Secondary Science (Physics and/or Chemistry) teaching or Primary Mathematics).
- Must be an Australian or New Zealand Citizen
How to Apply:
All applicants are required to complete a psychometric skills based assessment and provide requested documents. If you would like to apply, please include in your application:
- Copy of your Curriculum Vitae (Resume/CV)
- Certified copies of academic transcripts and HSC results
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to prepare and submit a short video (instructions will be provided).Please submit your formal application to [email protected]
For more information about what is involved and how to apply, click here.
- Job type:Internships
Education, Mathematics, Science
- 38 Renwick Street, Leichhardt NSW 2040Locations:
- Closing Date:2nd Aug 2020, 12:59 pm