Applications close: Sunday, 15 August 2021
Internship start date: Term 1, January 2022
Are you a teacher approaching your final year of study with a strong academic record in Mathematics and Science?
Get a head start on your teaching journey. Develop your professional classroom teaching knowledge, practice and engagement.
We are offering several paid internship opportunities (commencing in January 2022) to help you get a head start!
Day in the life:
- Initially shadow your mentor, then take over all aspects of classroom teaching
- Plan lessons
- Administer assessments
- Paid 2 days per week (inclusive of all part-time leave benefits)
- Dedicated personalised mentor
- Ongoing professional learning
- Permanent teaching position within Sydney Catholic Schools at the successful completion of the internship*
- Final Year of Teacher Education course in 2021 (strong record in Secondary Mathematics and/or Secondary Science (Physics and/or Chemistry) teaching or Primary Mathematics).
- Desire to learn and take on feedback and adjust teaching practices based on feedback received
- Willingness to immerse in the program
- Eagerness to be involved in school activities and collegial conversations
- An ability to work within a team environment
- Commitment to the mission of Catholic Education
- Australian or New Zealand permanent resident / Citizen
- Employee working with children check
*Every effort will be made to place you in a school near your residence, however, it will be dependent on school and mentor availability.
How to Apply:
If you would like to apply, please include in your application:
- Copy of your Curriculum Vitae (Resume/CV)
- Covering letter
- JP certified copies of academic transcripts
- Prac reports
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to prepare and submit a short video responding to a few questions (instructions will be provided).
General Enquiries: Please contact the People and Culture services team referencing the advertised position, via email to [email protected]
If you encounter technical issues please contact the People & Culture Services team on (02) 9568 8460 (Mon-Fri).
About Sydney Catholic Schools:
Over 200 years, Catholic schools have educated millions of Australian students. In that time, Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) has grown alongside the city's dynamic, ever-changing multicultural landscape. We invite you to join our thriving Catholic community of 150 schools, more than 71,000 students and around 10,000 staff.
Our mission at Sydney Catholic Schools is to know and love Christ through learning and our vision is to foster thriving Catholic communities through excellent teaching and learning. At the heart of all we do are our core values of empathy, curiosity, excellence, collaboration and truth.
- Job type:Internships
Education, Mathematics, Science
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- 38 Renwick Street, Leichhardt NSW 2040Locations:
Canberra, Sydney, Darwin,...
- Closing Date:15th Aug 2021, 1:59 pm