Few other careers offer the opportunity for genuine responsibility, autonomy and impact from day one. Through the Leadership Development Program, Associates learn the necessary skills to lead effectively both inside and outside the classroom, in an environment where they can practice them every day, and with the evidence to demonstrate success.
We provide Associates with a comprehensive network to support their professional development and successful completion of the program, and to maintain their health and wellbeing.
Every Associate is supported regularly through:
- Teaching and Leadership Adviser: An experienced teacher who provides rigorous one-on-one coaching, regular classroom observations and pastoral care to guide Associates’ development as a teacher and leader throughout the program.
- Academic Mentor: A university professor who supports and supervises Associates’ progress throughout the degree and guides their achievement of the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers.
- School Mentor: An experienced teacher at the Associate’s placement school who provides day-to-day practical support and assists with integration into life at the school and within the local community.
- Teach For Australia Community: A national network of peers that enables the sharing of best practice, emotional support, and collaboration towards achieving change. Though each member of the cohort will have different passions, interests, skillsets and strengths, Associates will have a shared experience and commitment to tackling educational disadvantage.
- Global Network: Associates can connect with leaders around the world – both virtually and at in-person conferences - as part of the Teach For All network, with Alumni available to discuss international education and classroom best practice, school leadership, social innovation and policy.