On Teach For Australia’s three-day Lead-Up Education Experience, use your summer to kick-start your career, grow your leadership, and develop a deep understanding of the ‘on the ground’ issues that confront the education of Australia’s young people.
As it stands, not every child in Australia has access to the education they deserve: children from the lowest income households are on average three years behind in school. Teach For Australia seeks to break the cycle of educational inequity and we invite you to join us over summer.
Gain insight into Teach For Australia’s one-of-a-kind graduate Leadership Development Program and kick-start your career on our virtual Lead-Up Education Experience. This experience lasts three days and will give you insight into the life of a Teach For Australia Associate and a chance to lead up in a new way.
On the ‘Lead Up’ experience, you will learn how Associates combine training, work and life. You’ll see how even young leaders can create immediate impact and you will grow your own leadership capacity by working with work like-minded individuals on a proposal to give students access to the education all young people deserve. The impact you have could be immediate.
We’ll also give you the low-down on how to apply for the Program and what subjects will help you step into the classroom.
Over the three days you will:
- Engage in dialogue with teachers, students and leaders to deepen your understanding of issues they are facing, and how they are working to address these problems.
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team of students and an Alumni mentor to propose a plan to address these issues.
- Perfect your presentation skills using the techniques for engagement that teachers use every day and present your proposal to leaders in the education and social enterprise sector.
- Work on your own leadership skills in areas like building teams, creating shared goals, maintaining motivation, and leveraging others’ insights to find innovative solutions.
Eligibility and applications
To participate in the experience, you must be currently enrolled in a university program other than Education and will be scheduled to graduate in 2021, or 2022. The experience will take place entirely online, in response to the COVID crisis.
We ask that you apply by filling out this application form. Applications close on 15th November 2020.
We will assess applications based on these eight competencies and we will ask you to upload your academic transcripts to verify your eligibility.
We welcome people from diverse backgrounds and experiences.
At Teach For Australia, we believe that education should include everybody. We recognise, celebrate and hope to integrate a diverse group of students into our programs. This experience is no different. We encourage you to apply if you enjoy working with others, are interested in how education can help change the world for the better or enjoy learning from others.
We welcome applications from those who are Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, are from a refugee background, are LGBTQI or have experienced barriers in their own education.
About Teach For Australia
Teach For Australia is an innovative non-profit organisation and part of a global movement dedicated to ensuring that all children can achieve their potential. We have been innovating in one of Australia’s most traditional systems for over a decade. Our Alumni are continuing to impact the sector as teachers, Principals, policy experts and social entrepreneurs.
We know that as it stands, not every child in Australia has access to the education they deserve: children from the lowest income households are on average three years behind in school. Teach For Australia seeks to break the cycle of educational inequity, to level the playing field for young people across Australia.
Our Associates lead and teach from day one through the Teach For Australia Leadership Development Program – and become part of a dedicated community committed to tackling educational disadvantage.
Over two years, Associates:
- Teach at a school serving a low socioeconomic community, with full salary and benefits;
- Earn a Master of Teaching (Secondary) (Professional Practice) through ACU on an assisted scholarship;
- Receive one-on-one coaching and mentoring to accelerate personal, professional and academic growth.
Following the program, whether Associates may choose to continue teaching or aspire to a career in business, policy, innovation or elsewhere. Whatever happens, Teach For Australia continues to inspire, connect and empower them to lead change.
- Job type:Internships
Arts and Humanities, Engineering, Information Technology,...
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, Australian Citizen
- Closing Date:15th Nov 2020, 12:59 am