Telstra Graduate Program 2024 – First Nations Careers
We have talented and passionate people, exciting career pathways and a supportive and inclusive culture. We’re from diverse backgrounds, with a huge variety of skills and talents. We believe that by promoting diversity and inclusion we can enrich our communities, our workforce and the experience of our customers.
We provide opportunities to gain first-hand experience aligned to your degree, we encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and use technology to enable flexibility.
We care about our communities and the environment, which is why we have set climate, energy use, and resource efficiency goals, which we have already started achieving. You can see more about our goals and progress here.
At Telstra, we are committed to providing support and a safe space for our employees. Telstra has several employee representation groups and the First Nations Employee Representative Group is led by a group of representatives and supported by a Senior Leadership Sponsor.
The Employee Representative Group's purpose is to:
- Represent fellow First Nations employees in the business and give First Nations employees a voice at Telstra
- Foster understanding
- Strengthen connection with the broader First Nations community
- Create opportunities at Telstra for First Nations people
Telstra acknowledges that the 26th of January can be a difficult day for some of our people and employees now have the option to work on Australia Day and take another leave day in lieu.
We’ve partnered with CareerTrackers, a national not-for-profit organisation, to create paid, multi-year internship opportunities for First Nations university students in Australia. We’ve committed to hosting 20 interns each year (through winter and summer) to help improve the participation of First Nations students in the workforce and develop future talent. We’re working on matters like increasing First Nations employment, and better connections through digital literacy programs, e-health and community partnerships.
First Nations Interview Guarantee
Increasing diversity happens one decision at a time. It’s all about getting the right talent in front of our hiring managers.
Did you know we have an interview guarantee process in place for shortlisted First Nations candidates? This means any external candidate who identifies as First Nations and is shortlisted for a role in Australia, will be automatically offered an interview.
Because we put the customer at the heart of everything we do, in every corner of the country – you’ll be able to help us make a real difference to all the communities in which we operate.
We value growth opportunities for all our people, so you can develop and build a career with a bright future. You’ll be part of a team that respects each other and welcomes new and different ideas.
You'll need to be a great communicator, a team contributor and someone who likes to solve complex problems.
You’ll also have flexibility in how you work, because we know it’s what you do, not where you are, that matters most. And you’ll be supported all the way through from our strong First Nations employees’ network. In addition, you'll be welcomed into our Graduate First Nations network, comprised of current First Nations graduates and alumni, where you will be supported throughout your employment at Telstra.
You’ll be working on projects that are essential to Telstra, and have a real effect on our business. You can learn more about this pathway and the projects you could be working on here.
- Permanent Position, job security and promotion opportunities on completion of your 14 month program
- Unlimited learning, continued access to accredited online and on-the-job learning opportunities, level up your skills and stay up to date and future ready
- Mentoring from industry experts, supportive Leaders who will help guide your early career journey
- Social connection, connect with your 2024 Graduate Cohort prior to starting your program, and get a 2023 Graduate buddy who will prepare you for the program and support you throughout
- Work/Life balance, additional leave options (parental, volunteer, cultural, gender-affirmation, purchased leave), flexible work options and hybrid working where we will set you up with what you need to make Hybrid working suit you
- Support for your wellbeing through our EAP Benestar, including mental, physical and financial coaching and resources
- Exclusive discounts from over 240 brands, including Telstra products and services
Our 2024 Graduate Program is open to university students who have completed their most recent tertiary education qualification within the last three years up to the commencement of the Program in February 2024. (I.e. graduating between 2021, 2022 and 2023). You must have also completed a minimum of an undergraduate degree within this timeframe at an Australian University.
You can read more about our eligibility criteria and get your questions answered here.
To assist us to deliver a smooth experience, please ensure you upload your CV, Academic Transcript (unofficial is accepted) and Right-To-Work documents (Australian Passport/ Birth Certificate or relevant Visa) when you submit your application. Our process after you submit your application looks like this:
- After submitting your application, our team will confirm you are eligible for the program.
- Eligible candidates will be sent a link to complete a HireVue recorded video interview and assessment task.
- Our team will assess all video applications. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a final day interview.
- If you are successful, we’ll complete final background checks and you’ll be sent your offer.
Applications close at 11.59pm AEDT, Wednesday 22nd March 2023.
We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce in all its forms. We encourage applicants from diverse gender, cultural and linguistic backgrounds and applicants who may be living with a disability. We also offer flexibility in all our roles, to ensure everyone can participate.
To learn more about how we support our people, including accessibility adjustments we can provide you through the recruitment process, visit How we hire.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Accounting, Banking and Finance, Business and...
- Work rights:Australian Citizen
- Work from home:Hybrid remote
Employees are allowed to work remotely some of the time but most of the work is done at the company’s physical office. Remote work is considered a perk or a privilege. For example, an employee may work from home for 1-2 days per week.
- Locations:Canberra, Regional ACT,...
- POSITION START DATE
Jan 2024 (approx)
- Closing Date:4th Apr 2023, 2:00 pm
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.