About Your Graduate Role
We are commencing our recruitment for our 2022 graduate program and are looking for a Graduate Cyber Security Engineer for our Rydalmere site in Sydney. This graduate role will see you work as part of a team to assist to investigate security events, maintain security infrastructure, and implement new security solutions across the enterprise. This position will offer opportunities to acquire and exercise information security knowledge and skills in a diverse business environment.
Our graduates are our future leaders and as such we are committed to finding the very best to join our team. Our graduate program is a two-year program accompanied by mentoring, challenging projects and countless training opportunities. We also offer all of our graduates permanent positions here at Thales Australia. This is an opportunity of a lifetime where you will be given real responsibilities from day one. You will be part of a collaborative and fast paced environment and you will be constantly developing day by day!
Responsibilities will include:
- As part of a team will be responsible for delivering security services and solutions to our internal Thales customers
- Undertaking learning and training activities to develop skills and experience
- Investigate and remediate information security events using enterprise security tools while interfacing with members of our security operations centre
- Support our vulnerability management program by collecting and analysing data and working with system owners to coordinate remediation of issues
- Monitor and maintain enterprise scale information security infrastructure such as next-generation anti-virus tools and vulnerability scanners
- Assist with the identification, development, and documentation of endpoint and network security countermeasures
How About You?
- Recent degree qualification in cyber security ideally or computer science/information technology with a major in cyber security with a minimum credit average, or be in the final year of completing for graduation end of 2021. Note your degree must have a significant cyber security component.
- A strong demonstrable interest in cyber security across one of more levels of the IT stack eg network, platform, application or user and a basic knowledge of data analytics and machine learning
- Leadership experience demonstrated through previous employment or extra-curricular activities whilst studying university
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work within a diverse and inclusive team environment, results focused, resilient, resourceful and a thirst for solving problems
- Initiative, inquisitive and a desire to challenge yourself and continuously keep learning
Good to Know
You’ll get an email acknowledgement after you’ve applied, Thales strives to provide a personalised experience for all suitable applicants.
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances please visit – http://www.defence.gov.au/AGSVA/
Prior to offer you’ll complete a pre-employment police and medical check.
Relocation support will be provided to the successful candidate if required.
Click the apply button now and submit both your resume and most recent academic transcript or statement of results.
If you are based in Sydney, please come meet us at The Big Meet, Sydney on Friday 26th March 2021.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Computer Science, Cyber Security
- Work rights:
- POSITION START DATE
Feb 2022 (approx)
- Program Duration
- Closing Date:8th Apr 2021, 6:00 am