About Your Graduate Role
We are commencing our recruitment for our 2022 graduate program and are looking for a Graduate Mechanical or Electrical Engineer for our Garden Island site in Sydney supporting our maritime business!
Our graduates are our future leaders and as such we are committed to finding the very best to join our team. Our graduate program is a two-year program accompanied by mentoring, challenging projects and countless training opportunities. We also offer all of our graduates permanent positions here at Thales Australia. This is an opportunity of a lifetime where you will be given real responsibilities from day one. You will be part of a collaborative and fast paced environment and you will be constantly developing day by day!
- Help as part of a team to provide professional mechanical engineering design, test, prototype and product support services to our maritime business
- Undertaking calculations including forces, stresses and displacements as well as undertaking mechanical environmental thermal, shock and vibration testing and analysis of results
- Help to provide engineering support to manufacturing activities
How About You?
- Recent degree qualification in in mechanical, mechatronics or electrical engineering with a minimum credit average, or be in the final year of completing for graduation end of 2021
- Must have some knowledge of the engineering design process and an interest and desire to learn more about the maritime business
- Leadership experience demonstrated through previous employment or extra-curricular activities whilst studying university
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work within a diverse and inclusive team environment, results focused, resilient, resourceful and a thirst for solving problems
- Initiative, inquisitive and a desire to challenge yourself and continuously keep learning
Good to Know
You’ll get an email acknowledgement after you’ve applied, Thales strives to provide a personalised experience for all suitable applicants.
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances please visit – http://www.defence.gov.au/AGSVA/
Prior to offer you’ll complete a pre-employment police and medical check.
Relocation support will be provided to the successful candidate if required.
Click the apply button now and submit both your resume and most recent academic transcript or statement of results.
If you are based in Sydney, please come meet us at The Big Meet, Sydney on Friday 26th March 2021.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering, Engineering Electrical, Engineering Mechanical, Engineering...
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, Australian Citizen
- Program Duration
- Is this a generalist role?
- Position Start Date
- Accepts International
- Remote friendly (Work from home)
- Closing Date:17th Apr 2021, 6:00 am