The Thales Graduate Program is a two year program commencing in February 2023. What makes us different from the rest?
- Thales offer a specialist program where you can expect to become an expert in your field
- We offer all graduates permanent roles at Thales – we aim to develop you for the future
- You will experience multiple graduate days and site visits in our Sydney and Melbourne locations
- A structured learning and development program sees you supported throughout your journey
- Our mentor program sees our graduates supports by the best and brightest in our business
About Your Role
As part of the Asset Management Services (AMS) team you will help provides asset management, engineering services and maintenance for 13 Royal Australian Navy (RAN) patrol boats based out of Darwin and Cairns. In this role you will complete a range of technical and engineering tasks and rotate through our three main areas platform, water front and integrated logistics support. On any one day you could be:
- Participating in the investigation of reported problems and defects.
- Design of engineering changes.
- Preparation of design documentation such as supporting calculations, installation instructions and maintenance instructions
- Maintaining records of changes in engineering data systems.
How About You?
- Recent degree qualification (or be in the final year of completing for graduation end of 2022) in naval architecture or mechanical engineering
- Leadership experience demonstrated through previous employment or extra-curricular activities whilst studying university
- Proven ability to work within a team environment, results focused, resilient, resourceful and a thirst for solving problems
- Initiative and a desire to challenge yourself and continuously keep learning
Looking to move interstate? We offer generous relocation packages!
Good to Know
You’ll get an email acknowledgement after you’ve applied, Thales strives to provide a personalised experience for all suitable applicants. As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances please visit – http://www.defence.gov.au/AGSVA/
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Architecture, Engineering Mechanical
- Work rights:
- Work from home:
Employees are allowed to work remotely some of the time but most of the work is done at the company’s physical office. Remote work is considered a perk or a privilege. For example, an employee may work from home for 1-2 days per week.
- POSITION START DATE
Feb 2023 (approx)
- Closing Date:21st Aug 2022, 12:59 pm