About Your Graduate Role
We are commencing our recruitment for our 2022 graduate program and are looking for a Graduate Hardware Engineer for our Bendigo site This site is focused on the design and manufacture of defence vehicles which include the iconic Bushmaster and Hawkei!
Our graduates are our future leaders and as such we are committed to finding the very best to join our team. Our graduate program is a two-year program accompanied by mentoring, challenging projects and countless training opportunities. We also offer all of our graduates permanent positions here at Thales Australia. This is an opportunity of a lifetime where you will be given real responsibilities from day one. You will be part of a collaborative and fast paced environment and you will be constantly developing day by day!
- Help to design, develop and validate components and systems for our defence vehicles
- Interpret our customer requirements and provide design solutions which includes engineering analysis and investigation
- Conduct prototyping, trials and demonstrations of solutions
- Undertake learning and training activities to develop skills and experience as a graduate engineer
How About You?
- Recent degree qualification in mechatronics, electrical, electronics, mechanical, aerospace, automotive or manufacturing engineering with a minimum credit average, or be in the final year of completing for graduation end of 2021
- Any experience in a design or manufacturing environment would be regarded highly
- You are an engineering enthusiast!
- Leadership experience demonstrated through previous employment or extra-curricular activities whilst studying university
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work within a diverse and inclusive team environment, results focused, resilient, resourceful and a thirst for solving problems
- Initiative, inquisitive and a desire to challenge yourself and continuously keep learning
Good to Know
You’ll get an email acknowledgement after you’ve applied, Thales strives to provide a personalised experience for all suitable applicants.
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances please visit – http://www.defence.gov.au/AGSVA/
Prior to offer you’ll complete a pre-employment police and medical check.
Relocation support will be provided to the successful candidate if required.
Click the apply button now and submit both your resume and most recent academic transcript or statement of results.
If you are based in Melbourne, please come meet us at The Big Meet, Melbourne on Friday 19th March 2021.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering, Engineering Aerospace Aeronautical, Engineering Electrical,...
- Work rights:
- POSITION START DATE
Feb 2022 (approx)
- Program Duration
- Closing Date:10th Apr 2021, 7:00 am