Our Graduate Program offering:
The Thales Graduate Program is a two-year program commencing in February 2023. What makes us different from the rest?
- We offer all graduates permanent roles at Thales – we aim to develop you for the future
- You will experience multiple graduate days and site visits in our Sydney and Melbourne locations
- A structured learning and development program sees you supported throughout your journey
- Our mentor program sees our graduates supports by the best and brightest in our business
About Your Role
As a Graduate Hardware Engineer you will work in our Protected Vehicles business focused on the design, manufacture and service and support of defence vehicles which include the iconic Bushmaster and Hawkei!
This program is rotational in nature and you can expect to:
- Help to design, develop and validate components and systems for our defence vehicles
- Interpret our customer requirements and provide design solutions which includes engineering analysis and investigation
- Conduct prototyping, trials and demonstrations of solutions
- Undertake learning and training activities to develop skills and experience as a graduate engineer
How About You?
- Recent degree qualification in mechatronics, electrical, electronics, mechanical, aerospace, automotive or manufacturing engineering with a minimum credit average, or be in the final year of completing for graduation end of 2022
- Any experience in a design or manufacturing environment would be regarded highly
- You are an engineering enthusiast!
- You are a natural leader and this shows though part time work or extra-curricular activities whilst studying university
- You easily build relationships and have strong communications kills both written and verbal
- You love working in a team environment and value diversity
- You are curious by nature, focused on the result and love to keep continuously learning!
Good to Know
For the right candidate we offer a generous relocation package to get you set up in Bendigo!
You’ll get an email acknowledgement after you’ve applied, Thales strives to provide a personalised experience for all suitable applicants.
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances please visit – http://www.defence.gov.au/AGSVA/. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering, Engineering Aerospace Aeronautical, Engineering Electrical,...
- Work rights:
- Work from home:
Employees are allowed to work remotely some of the time but most of the work is done at the company’s physical office. Remote work is considered a perk or a privilege. For example, an employee may work from home for 1-2 days per week.
- POSITION START DATE
Feb 2023 (approx)
- Closing Date:14th Aug 2022, 12:59 pm