Thales people provide armed forces customers with operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defence mission systems solutions at land, sea, and air. Our platforms extend across the battlespace including Above and Sonar, Electronic Combat, and Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance systems.
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
We are commencing our recruitment for our 2021 graduate program and are looking for a Graduate ILS (Integrated Logistics Support) Engineer for our maritime business based at our Darwin site. This team specifically focus on supporting a variety of naval systems in “In Service Support” (ISS) contract work, projects and bids.
Our graduate program is a 2-year intense program accompanied by mentoring and countless training opportunities and we offer all of our graduates’ permanent positions here at Thales Australia!
The Graduate ILS Engineer will assist with the following:
- Part of the project team to ensure cost effective maintenance strategy for our Naval platforms
- Assisting projects to resolve logistics engineering system design issues
- Undertaking various Logistics Support Analysis that includes RCM, FMEA, sparing and life cycle cost analysis
- Reliability, maintainability and availability
- Obsolescence management
- Spares modelling
- Tertiary engineering qualification with a credit average or be in the final year of completing for graduation end of 2020
- Knowledge or experience in any of these would be desirable – reliability analysis; supportability analysis; level of repair analysis; obsolescence monitoring and reporting.
- Leadership experience demonstrated through previous employment or extra-curricular activities whilst at university
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work within a team environment, results focused and a thirst for solving problems
- Initiative and a desire to challenge yourself and continuously keep learning
- A defence security clearance will required for the successful candidate for this position.
- A police check and pre-employment medical may be required for the successful candidate.
To play a key role in driving the success of a truly global organisation click the apply button now and submit your resume and academic transcript.
For further information about Thales Australia please go to www.thalesgroup.com/en/countries/asia-pacific/australia
Please note relocation support will be provided to the successful candidate if they are not Darwin based.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering, Engineering Civil Structural, Engineering Electrical,...
- Work rights:
- Closing Date:20th Aug 2020, 7:00 am