Thales people provide armed forces customers with operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defence mission systems solutions at land, sea, and air. Our platforms extend across the battlespace including Above and Sonar, Electronic Combat, and Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance systems.
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
We are commencing our recruitment for our 2021 graduate program and are looking for a Graduate Hardware Engineer/Naval Architect for our Darwin site. Our Darwin site is part of our exciting maritime business and is focused on support of the ACPB project (Armidale Class Patrol Boats).
Our graduates at Thales are our future leaders and as such we are committed to finding the best graduates to join our team here. Our graduate program is a two year program accompanied by mentoring, challenging projects and countless training opportunities. We also offer all of our graduates permanent positions here at Thales Australia. This is an opportunity of a lifetime where you will be give real responsibilities from day one and you will be constantly developing day by day!
- Working as part of a team you will help to undertake engineering tasks and provide engineering support to the ACPB project
- Ensuring that design products comply with technical requirements
- Perform engineering investigations and assist with engineering reporting
- Preparation of design packages for naval and commercial marine engineering projects
- Participate in design planning meetings, design reviews and risk assessment workshops
- Monitor quality of work and also progress of work
- Recent degree qualification in naval architecture or a relevant engineering degree (marine, structural, mechanical, electrical or mechatronics) with a minimum credit average, or be in the final year of completing for graduation end of 2020
- A passion for everything marine and naval!
- Basic ability to interpret and analyse drawings and technical documents. Ability to conduct investigations and report findings
- Leadership experience demonstrated through previous employment or extra-curricular activities whilst studying university
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work within a team environment, results focused, resilient, resourceful and a thirst for solving problems
- Initiative and a desire to challenge yourself and continuously keep learning
- Eligibility for an Australian defence security clearance is required for this role.
- A police check and pre-employment medical will be required for the successful candidate.
To play a key role in driving the success of a truly global organisation click the apply button now and submit both your resume and academic transcript.
Please note relocation support will be provided to the successful candidate if they don’t already live in Darwin.
For further information about Thales Australia please go to www.thalesgroup.com/en/countries/asia-pacific/australia
Follow us on LinkedIn for all the latest updates about incredible organisation.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering, Engineering Civil Structural, Engineering Electrical,...
- Work rights:
- Closing Date:20th Aug 2020, 7:00 am