We are looking for a Graduate Software Engineer to be part of our diverse and cross-functional team based in West Leederville, Perth, developing industry leading systems and software solutions, and solving real world problems.
At Thales we are committed to finding the best people to join our team. Our graduate program is a two-year program accompanied by mentoring, challenging projects and training opportunities. We also offer our graduates permanent positions here at Thales Australia. This is an opportunity of a lifetime where you will be given real responsibilities from day one and you will be constantly developing day by day!
We are seeking a motivated Software Engineering or Computer Science graduate to join the Ground Transportation and Secure Communications and Information Systems (GTS-SIX) team in Perth, starting in February 2020. Working as part of a diverse and multi-disciplined engineering team, using a diverse range of products and technologies, you will design and deliver technically challenging and innovative software solutions that solve real world problems.
- Crafting solutions for assigned software tasks
- Implementation and testing of assigned software development tasks
- Participating in code reviews
- Participating in planning and estimation sessions
- A commitment to value and quality in team solutions
- A commitment to continuously finding ways to improve
- Recent degree qualification (or be in the final year of completing for graduation end of 2019) with a significant software component (e.g. Software Eng., IT, Comp. Science, Games Development, Engineering, etc.) with a minimum credit average
- Have some experience or can show a keen interest in software development
- Ability to work within a team environment, results focused, resilient and resourceful with a thirst for solving problems
- Show initiative and a desire to challenge yourself and continuously keep learning
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances, please visit http://www.defence.gov.au/AGSVA/.
You will also need to successfully clear a pre-employment medical and police check.
Culture & Benefits at Thales
Thales can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We support our employees to develop professionally and succeed. We are a growing global organisation so hiring from within is our first priority, ensuring all our employees are given every opportunity to develop and build their career. We offer a variety of initiatives that support your wellbeing such as flexible work practices, salary sacrifice, novated leasing and purchased leave.
Thales is committed to providing an inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work, and we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
Thales is committed to providing an inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work. To play a key role in driving the success of a truly global organisation click the apply button now and submit both your resume and academic transcript.
For further information about Thales Australia please go to www.thalesgroup.com/en/countries/asia-pacific/australia. Follow us on LinkedIn for all the latest updates about incredible organisation.
Please note relocation support will be provided to the successful candidate.
- Job type:Graduate jobs
Computer Science, Engineering Software, Information Systems,...
- Closing Date:8th Dec 2019, 12:59 pm