About Your Graduate Role
We are commencing our recruitment for our 2022 graduate program and are looking for a Graduate Software Engineer for our West Leederville office in Perth. Our West Leederville office is largely focused on support for our exciting and growing maritime business.Our graduates are our future leaders and as such we are committed to finding the very best to join our team.
Our graduate program is a two-year program accompanied by mentoring, challenging projects and countless training opportunities. We also offer all of our graduates permanent positions here at Thales Australia. This is an opportunity of a lifetime where you will be given real responsibilities from day one. You will be part of a collaborative and fast paced environment and you will be constantly developing day by day!
- Software development tasks including requirement analysis, software design, component implementation, system integration, technical documentation and testing.
- Working as part of an agile development team and contributing to software architecture, software design and overall development to the highest quality standards
- Use initiative, observation and insight to actively contribute ideas and thoughts toward improved project efficiencies, general process improvements and the quality of the overall working environment for the team
How About You?
- Recent degree qualification in software engineering with a minimum credit average, or be in the final year of completing for graduation end of 2021
- Any experience in JAVA, C or C++ would be advantageous
- An understanding of agile software engineering methodology and concepts
- Any exposure to web technologies, containerisation, virtualisation and cloud-based technologies, distributed software systems or near real time software systems would be advantageous
- Leadership experience demonstrated through previous employment or extra-curricular activities whilst studying university
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work within a diverse and inclusive team environment, results focused, resilient, resourceful and a thirst for solving problems
- Initiative, inquisitive and a desire to challenge yourself and continuously keep learning
Good to Know
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances please visit – http://www.defence.gov.au/AGSVA/
Prior to offer you’ll complete a pre-employment police and medical check.
Relocation support will be provided to the successful candidate if required.
Click the apply button now and submit both your resume and most recent academic transcript or statement of results.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Computer Science, Engineering Software
- Work rights:
- POSITION START DATE
Feb 2022 (approx)
- Program Duration
- Closing Date:8th Apr 2021, 7:00 am