We are commencing our recruitment for our 2022 graduate program and are looking for a Graduate System Engineer for our GTS-SIX Rydalmere site. Our Rydalmere site is focused on providing solutions to the railway industry as well as the defence industry.Our graduate program is a 2 year intense program accompanied by mentoring and countless training opportunities and we offer all of our graduates permanent positions here at Thales Australia!
The Graduate systems engineer, under supervision is responsible for requirements analysis, technical studies, design tasks, implementation, systems integration and support activities to provide new and upgraded systems for Thales projects and bids.
Key areas of responsibility are:
- Work under broad professional guidance, independently or as a team member, to analyse requirements, design, implement, test and support systems engineering products and solutions
- Undertake learning and training activities to develop skills and experience as a graduate systems engineer
- Keep abreast of technology developments and provide recommendations and advice on technology selection
- Present and demonstrate solutions to Thales customers
- Attend and participate in regular departmental and project meetings
- Attend and participate in technical reviews (both internal and external)
- Tertiary engineering qualification (computing, IT or electronics) with a credit average or be in the final year of completing for graduation end of 2021
- Leadership experience demonstrated through previous employment or extra-curricular activities whilst at university
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work within a team environment, results focused and a thirst for solving problems
- Initiative and a desire to challenge yourself and continuously keep learning
Good to Know
You’ll get an email acknowledgement after you’ve applied, Thales strives to provide a personalised experience for all suitable applicants.
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances please visit – http://www.defence.gov.au/AGSVA/
Prior to offer you’ll complete a pre-employment police and medical check.
Relocation support will be provided to the successful candidate if required.
To play a key role in driving the success of a truly global organisation click the apply button now and submit both your resume and academic transcript.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Computer Science, Engineering, Engineering Software
- Work rights:
- POSITION START DATE
Feb 2022 (approx)
- Program Duration
- Closing Date:16th Apr 2021, 8:00 am