Why Work For Thales?
At Thales, we're committed to caring about the whole of you. Creating an environment of trust and empowerment where your contribution is valued, where your well-being counts and you can manage the right work-life balance for you. We believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. We're always open to discussing your individual needs, just let us know what works for you.
That commitment extends through our generous benefits package: that's why Thales were the first Engineering company in Australia to pay the superannuation guarantee on unpaid primary carer's; leave. Whether you want to work for 4 years and get paid to take the 5th year off, or you just need help finding a childcare place, you'll have our support every step of the way.
Developing Your Career
We're committed to giving you opportunities to be your best. We believe in embracing the passion and potential of our people, and to achieve this we offer market leading training, development and experiences, along with the opportunity to be mentored and coached by some of the smartest minds in the industry. We hire from within as our first priority, so you’ll have a myriad of opportunities within our diverse, global organisation.
Together with 65000 employees worldwide and 3500 employees in Australia across 35 locations, we're inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we clarify complicated problems by combining our experience in market with our leading research and development capabilities.
We are commencing out recruitment of Graduate Systems Engineers for our Rydalmere office as part of the 2019 graduate program. Our site is focused on Secure Communications and Information Systems which includes the design, integration and support of communications, computers, intelligence, and surveillance for a wide variety of customers. Our graduate program is a 2 year intense program supplemented with mentoring, job rotation, and countless training opportunities. On top of all that, we offer all of our graduates permanent positions here at Thales Australia!
- Part of a dynamic team responsible for a range of analysis, design, integration and support tasks using the latest in both military and commercial technologies
- Providing systems engineering support to assist in defining and capturing requirements and high level design
- Implementing, integrating and testing solutions
- Support activities during all phases of the systems engineering lifecycle
- Participation in technical reviews
- Manage your own project with local graduate cohort to support Legacy Australia
- Degree qualification in engineering (with a significant ICT component eg systems engineering, software engineering, computer science) with a credit average, or be in the final year of completing for graduation end of 2018
- Leadership experience demonstrated through pervious employment or extra-curricular activities whilst at university
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work within a team environment, results focused and a thirst for solving problems
- Initiative and a desire to challenge yourself and continuously keep learning
A defence security clearance is required for this role and as such only Australian citizens are eligible to apply. A police check and pre-employment medical may be required for the successful candidate.
To play a key role in driving the success of a truly global organisation click the apply button now and submit your resume and academic transcript. For further information about Thales Australia please go to www.thalesgroup.com/en/countries/asia-pacific/australia
Please note relocation support will be provided to the successful candidate.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering Software, Information Technology
- Closing Date:9th May 2018, 1:26 am