About Your Graduate Role
We are commencing our recruitment for our 2022 graduate program and are looking for a Graduate Systems/Speciality Engineer for our Rydalmere site in Sydney! These roles sit within our Under Water Systems engineering teams which consist of a variety of engineers from systems, electronics, mechanical, software and production engineer to delivery a variety of solutions and services.
Our graduates are our future leaders and as such we are committed to finding the very best to join our team. Our graduate program is a two-year program accompanied by mentoring, challenging projects and countless training opportunities. We also offer all of our graduates permanent positions here at Thales Australia. This is an opportunity of a lifetime where you will be given real responsibilities from day one. You will be part of a collaborative and fast paced environment and you will be constantly developing day by day!
- Under the guidance and support of senior engineers capture the needs of the customer for systems and subsystems on a project. This could include advanced studies, simulations, models, prototypes for example
- Requirement capture, review, analysis, tracing and validation
- Help to formalise specifications and engineering plans used to develop the solution/product
- Performing other key activities around design and development
How About You?
- Recent degree qualification in mechanical, software, electronics/electrical or systems engineering with a minimum credit average, or be in the final year of completing for graduation end of 2021
- Ideally have some experience or a keen interest in systems thinking, systems engineering, software development or hardware development
- Leadership experience demonstrated through previous employment or extra-curricular activities whilst studying university
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work within a diverse and inclusive team environment, results focused, resilient, resourceful and a thirst for solving problems
- Initiative, inquisitive and a desire to challenge yourself and continuously keep learning
Good to Know
You’ll get an email acknowledgement after you’ve applied, Thales strives to provide a personalised experience for all suitable applicants.
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances please visit – http://www.defence.gov.au/AGSVA/
Prior to offer you’ll complete a pre-employment police and medical check.
Relocation support will be provided to the successful candidate if required.
Click the apply button now and submit both your resume and most recent academic transcript or statement of results.
If you are based in Sydney, please come meet us at The Big Meet, Sydney on Friday 26th March 2021.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering, Engineering Electrical, Engineering Mechatronics, Engineering...
- Work rights:
- POSITION START DATE
Feb 2022 (approx)
- Program Duration
- Closing Date:10th Apr 2021, 7:00 am