About Your Role
In Australia, Thales operates the Benalla and Mulwala facilities which are Australia’s only major manufacturer of propellants, high explosives, munitions, ammunitions and munitions components for the Australian Defence Force and commercial customers in Australia and overseas.
The role of the Product Engineer is to support Manufacturing Engineering and Methods activities at our Benalla site. Involved all along the product cycle, including during the design phase, to ensure that the resultant design can be economically produced by following the principles of "Design for manufacture" and "Design to cost" during the Manufacturing phase to guarantee an operational Manufacturing flowcharts and the integration of Manufacturing constraints during these phases. Contributes for the compliance of the production process with all Health, Safety and Environment applicable regulations.
The main responsibilities include, but is not limited to:
- Provide manufacturing engineering expertise throughout all production phases
- Br accountable for defining, preparing, and optimising manufacturing processes
- Define and manage manufacturing documentation, tools, and workflows based on information from R&D
- Contribute to technological innovation to reduce costs and improve processes
- Be accountable for the elaboration of accurate and optimised manufacturing technical data and their inputs in the ERP System
- Define test strategies, and implement test and control plans
- Contribute to the development of skills and processes for future development conformities
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Experience working in a mechanical machine design and support role, or a mechanical production role
- A relevant engineering degree (mechanical, industrial or similar)
- Knowledge and experience of technical project management tasks
- Knowledge and experience of industrial production techniques and technologies
- Knowledge and experience of safety in an industrial work environment
- Knowledge and experience of technical investigations, and the identification, development and implementation of solutions to technical problems
- Sound mechanical aptitude
- Excellent communication skills and teamwork
Good to Know
You’ll get an email acknowledgement after you’ve applied, Thales strives to provide a personalised experience for all suitable applicants.
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances please visit – http://www.defence.gov.au/AGSVA/
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
As part of our standard process you will complete a police, medical, employment and references.
For more information on Thales visit us @ThalesCareers on Instagram
- Job type:Entry Level Jobs
Defence, Engineering, Engineering Mechanical
- Work rights:
- Closing Date:25th Nov 2021, 12:59 pm