Thales people architect solutions that are relied upon to deliver operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defensive systems for land, sea, and air. From early warning, to threat neutralisation, our platforms cover all levels from very short-range systems, to extended protection across the entire battle-space including Airspace Mobility Solutions, Vehicles and Tactical Systems and Missile Defence, Optronics, and Radar.
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
We are looking for one final graduate software engineer to join our 2021 graduate cohort in February 2021. Our Melbourne office is largely focused on Airspace Mobility Solutions which includes the exciting world of air traffic management and the incredible OneSKY project!
Our graduates at Thales are our future leaders and as such we are committed to finding the best graduates to join our team here. Our graduate program is a two year program accompanied by mentoring, challenging projects and countless training opportunities. We also offer all of our graduates permanent positions here at Thales Australia. This is an opportunity of a lifetime where you will be give real responsibilities from day one and you will be constantly developing day by day!
- As part of a team assist to deliver software solutions that are value adding to our customers,
- Interact with internal and external stakeholders throughout development lifecycle,
- Work cross functionally with the various engineering disciplines within the business,
- Design, document, implement and test software enhancements / changes,
- Contribute to continuous process and technical improvements to make our team even better than it is, and
- Most importantly, have fun!
- Recent degree qualification in Software Engineering with a minimum credit average, or be in the final year of completing for graduation end of 2020
- Any experience in Java or C++ as well as a strong interest in Real Time Systems Programming would be advantageous
- Leadership experience demonstrated through previous employment or extra-curricular activities whilst studying university
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work within a team environment, results focused, resilient, resourceful and a thirst for solving problems
- Initiative and a desire to challenge yourself and continuously keep learning
A police check and pre-employment medical may be required for the successful candidate.
To play a key role in driving the success of a truly global organisation click the apply button now and submit both your resume & academic transcript!
Please note relocation support will be provided to the successful candidate if they are not Melbourne based.
This role is to start the first week of February 2021!
For further information about Thales Australia please go to www.thalesgroup.com/en/countries/asia-pacific/australia Follow us on LinkedIn for all the latest updates about incredible organisation.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, Australian Citizen
- Closing Date:4th Dec 2020, 4:44 am