Part Time- 10 Months Fixed Term Contract (Parental Leave Cover).
About the Business Unit
CDD leads the College of Law’s learning content and product development pipeline. CDD is responsible for managing product portfolio strategy, leading short and long-term planning for the College, and optimizing operational execution within content development, production and commercialization environments.
CDD’s focus is to design and develop new, breakthrough learning content products and student experiences. CDD also develops and manages the learning portal, content management system, digital asset management system and library management system to empower students and users to engage with content in new ways, and to seamlessly interact with lecturers/mentors/advisors/experts.
Purpose of position
The purpose of this position is to develop learning content for new and existing College of Law programs.
The position utilizes new product development and project management methodologies to develop content offerings for delivery to College of Law students. Product development and project management may relate to existing programs but will have a strong focus on new product development.
The key areas the Legal Content Designer will be involved in are:
- Champions and develops product development best practices in College product development activities.
- Assists Business Units and academic staff to implement product development and commercialization plans.
Educational design and curriculum development
- Collaborates and assists Business Units and academic staff to develop, plan and implement high-quality, innovative curriculum offerings.
- Champions and implements College "signature learning design" and all relevant style guides in all product development activities.
Learning content creation and maintenance
- Commissions, briefs and manages external subject matter experts.
- Designs and develops content for new programs including written materials and pre-production materials for multimedia and interactions.
- Champions and develops project management best practices in College product development activities.
- Tertiary Qualifications in Law
Experience, Skills and Attributes
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office.
- Extensive experience with new product development, content life cycle and publishing workflows.
- Interest in current or emerging education and e-learning trends and technologies.
- Understanding of the legal industry and legal education environment.
- Highly developed project management skills.
- Extensive experience in commissioning, author management, contract administration.
- Ability to think creatively and develop innovative solutions.
- Experience with content and learning management systems.
- Experience with industry standard graphics software (i.e. Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator etc.).
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly developed time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple tasks under strict deadlines.
- Highly developed attention to detail.
If interested please send covering letter and CV to [email protected] by COB 21 May 2021.
- Job type:Entry Level Jobs
Information Technology, Law, Management
- Work rights:
- Closing Date:21st May 2021, 1:59 pm