Fast track your way to a career in advertising. For over 30 years The Communications Council has offered graduates opportunities within account management in agencies specialising in creative, PR, digital, experiential and activation. NEXT STEP: Apply Now!
2018 Key Dates
What is The Communications Council Graduate Program?
The program commences January 2018 and runs for six months in Sydney and Melbourne. Most positions are for Account Management, but this can lead to other roles like strategic planning, digital, creative, experiential, activation and PR. There is an online application process, followed by shortlisted selection and assessment days in Sydney and Melbourne. Successful grads will start work at the end of January 2018.
Once you’ve started, you will be enrolled in our exceptional training program for the next six months.
The Graduate Program is open to anyone with a tertiary qualification/TAFE equivalent from any discipline. You must be a recent graduate having completed your degree in the last 18 months and you must be an Australian or NZ citizen, or Australian permanent resident
Who are you?
You might be a marketing or communications grad, but equally you might not be. (We’ve had successful grads from law, commerce, architecture and science). What you will be is curious, creative, able to think round corners, sociable, articulate, and be interested in what makes people tick. And have something that makes you a bit different.
You also have to be an Australian or NZ citizen (and have a tertiary qualification, completed in the past 18 months).
How does it work?
- Apply online (applications close 11 October, 11:45pm)
- Come to an Information Night in Sydney or Melbourne on 27 Sept to hear more from last year’s grads and agency leaders.
- Find out if you’re shortlisted
- If you are shortlisted, attend a free pre-assessment workshop for tips on strategy, idea generation and presentation skills
- Attend Assessment Day on 15 November where shortlisted candidates will do a group exercise and an individual presentation to a panel of Heads of Talent from major agencies
- Agencies will approach candidates and arrange further interviews
- Successful candidates will be advised and will start at the end of January 2018
- You will then be automatically enrolled into a 6 month training program as part of The Communications Council Graduate Program
The Graduate Program Training
The following training modules are included (all of this training is at no expense to the graduate):
What is IPA?
The Institute of Practitioners in Advertising (IPA) offers a suite of professional award-winning qualification created by the industry, for the industry. With record breaking numbers enrolling globally each year, and over 10,000 practitioners having passed an IPA qualification over the last ten years, they will give you an edge over your peers.
Why choose The Comms Council Grad Program?
The Communications Council represents 160 advertising agencies in Australia. Every year we help our member agencies recruit and place grads into their advertising agencies in Sydney and Melbourne.