The Data School takes new consultants three times each year. The starting dates for Sydney are April, August and November. The starting dates for Melbourne are February, June and October.
How does it work?
The successful applicants will be immersed into 4 months of intensive classroom training based on the market-leading technologies, Tableau and Alteryx.
In addition, you will be trained by our team of experts in all the soft skills needed to become a well-rounded consultant.
The classroom training is followed by four 6-month client engagements with Australia's leading organisations to give you real-world experience to kick-start your new career.
Do I get paid to learn?
Yes. The Data School offers you a competitive salary while you study and gain valuable industry experience.
The Data School takes new consultants three times each year. The starting dates for each round are February, June, October.
The applications for the April, 2023 intake close on the January 30, 2023.
What’s in it for you
- Become a guru in Tableau, the market-leading data visualisation technology
- Become a guru in Alteryx, the market-leading data analytics platform
- It’s not just data that’s important – learn soft skills that are crucial for your success as a data consultant
- Gain real-world experience by working with the leading organisations in Australia
- Learn from the best data and analytics experts in Australia
- Study in a creative work space in central Sydney
Details of the role
- Four months of classroom training
- 24 months of industry experience
- The result is a 28 month, fixed-term contract to start your new career as a data consultant
- $56,000 per annum that will increase in the second year
- When you finish the contract, the world is your oyster. You can stay on as a consultant and work on some fascinating projects or step out into the big wide world of data that has been opened up to you
- We’re sorry – we can’t sponsor you, so make sure you can work in Australia
What we’re looking for
Here at the Data School, we don’t look at what’s on your CV or your experience.
What we are looking for is:
- Passion – we want you to want it, to have a true desire to learn and motivation to improve yourself and your skills every day
- Data-driven minds – you love the idea of immersing yourself in data to drive meaningful insights and create jaw-dropping outcomes
- Tech-Savvy – we don’t need you to have experience, but working with tech comes naturally to you, and you enjoy it
- Curiosity – questions are falling out of your mouth, you always want to know how and why
- Resourcefulness – sometimes, the answers aren’t always in front of you, you’ll need ingenuity and resourcefulness to find answers to those questions you’re asking
- Fast learner – picking new things up every day whilst retaining previous knowledge will help you be successful in this role
- Creativity – the goal is delivering outcomes. You’ll need creativity to deliver those outcomes in meaningful, digestible forms
We do things differently and we’re proud of it. So forget about the application process you might be used to.
Here’s how the process works:
- Join Tableau – Join the community and download Tableau Public by creating a new account.
- Get inspired – Check out Tableau Public Gallery, there are brilliant examples for you to look at and research.
- Find your data – Choose any data set you want! We mean it; from politics to sport, TV and popular culture. Tableau provide many data sets on their resources page.
- Create your Viz – Now the fun begins! Once you have your data set, you can begin creating your winning viz!
- Share it with us – Once your work is live on Tableau Public, send it to us!
- The Interview – If you impress us with your passion, innovation and understanding of data, you will be invited to an interview with our Head Coach and you've started the application
We are taking applications at all times. If you share the same inquisitive nature, have a passion for getting to the truth by way of data, then we’d love to hear from you!
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Computer Science, Consulting, Information Technology
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Program Duration
8 per intake
- Position start date
- Closing Date:18th Apr 2022, 1:00 am