Human Resources Assistant - Imemdiate Start
- Full Time or Part Time (30 hours per week across 4 days)
- 6 Month Contract with potential for extension
- Hybrid working arrangements (combination of office and virtual)
- Respected global research organisation
The George Institute (‘TGI’) is 700+ people around the world, all focused on improving the health of millions of people worldwide. As a medical research institute affiliated with leading universities and with projects in approximately 50 countries, we are challenging the status quo in healthcare to:
- Find better treatments for the world’s biggest health problems
- Transform primary health care to support better health for more people
- Harness the power of communities, governments and markets to improve health
Our innovative commercial enterprises help maximise our impact.
An exciting opportunity exists within our Human Resources department for a HR Assistant to join our growing organisation.
The Human Resources Assistant will provide day to day administrative support to our HR Department. This role is an integral part of the HR team at The George Institute.
Key responsibilities of the role:
Provide administration support to the Human Resources department including payroll
- Provide administration support to the Head of HR
- Support the recruitment function (posting adverts, phone screening, reference checks and scheduling interviews)
- Preparation of employee contracts, student agreements, secondee and other agreements as required
- Maintain HR records and information on the staff intranet site
- Support the onboarding process including coordination of the buddy program
- Administrative duties to support termination and exit processes
- Work closely with the HR team to introduce new processes and initiatives to improve effectiveness
- Support health and wellbeing processes
- Support the HR team with HR events, projects and initatives
- Other HR administrative functions where required
Our ideal candidate will possess
- Tertiary qualification in a HR or related degree
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks as required
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of products (including Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook)
- Strong attention to detail
- A positive attitude
- Aptitude for managing sensitive information
- Proven experience in HR administration
For more information, please see the Position Description here.
Please copy and paste following link below to apply now:-
Please apply now!
Applications close on Friday 12th August, 2022
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found
We offer a flexible and inclusive work culture with excellent staff benefits including, salary packaging arrangements and sound learning opportunities.
Our big and bold mission to improve the health of millions of people worldwide needs a diverse and innovative team to deliver it. So we foster a dynamic, inclusive and flexible workplace where each individual can bring their best selves to work.
Everyone is encouraged to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, people with a disability, LGBTIQ people and mature-aged adults.
- Job type:Entry Level Jobs
- Disciplines:Human Resources, Recruitment
- Work rights:New Zealand Citizen, Australian Citizen,...
- Closing Date:19th Jul 2022, 1:59 pm
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.