- Full-time, fixed-term (2-year fixed-term contract)
- One RDO (Rostered Day Off) per month
- Salary: EBA Level 2.1 ($72,968.61 TRP)
- Location: Fawkner
What we do
The Greater Metropolitan Cemeteries Trust (GMCT) is a not-for-profit, purpose-driven organisation - and we give effect to that purpose through our staff.
We take pride in the quality of our team. We are committed to the development of our team and foster a dynamic and people-centred work culture that is dedicated to fulfilling our vision.
We are a business that truly lives and breathes our values of integrity, compassion, respect and sustainability, and our team genuinely cares for and supports one another.
About the team
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to launch their career within the IT space.
We are looking for someone who is an aspiring IT professional with an education to match. The qualities we are looking for a candidate to have include: self-motivation, team-player, keen aptitude for problem-solving, and a willingness to further develop yourself, an eye for detail, and the ability to recognise a job well done.
We have a small but close-knit team yet experienced and passionate group of people, who work in a fast-paced, high volume environment. The structure of the team allows you to work closely alongside the entire team and other key staff gaining mentorship, knowledge and experience.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity for a recent university graduate to support the IT Operations Lead in maintaining a quality of ICT support to all internal staff and stakeholders. practices will be beneficial in this environment.
The IT Support Graduate will be responsible for:
- Supporting staff and end-user with computing devices throughout the organisation (laptops, desktops, thin-clients, phones, tablets, audio-visual equipment, printers & radios)
- Providing support via phone, chat channels, remote connection and in-person, as required
- Administration of internal systems including Microsoft Active Directory, IT Service Management platform and phone system
To be successful in this position, you will require:
- Relevant qualification and/or experience in broad support of Information & Communication Technology Services
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot technical issues to resolution and/or escalate as required
- Well-developed PC support skills and underlying knowledge of networking, software and operating systems
Why join us:
As part of creating a workplace that supports and enables collaboration, our employees enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
- Comprehensive induction program
- A purpose-driven environment with some fun along the way
- One RDO (Rostered Day Off) day per month
- Free onsite car parking
- Autonomy & flexible work from home options
How to apply:
Please ensure you include a cover letter as part of your application. We would like to know why you want to work for The GMCT, why you are interested in the role, and, taking into account the Key Selection Criteria as a whole, how your skills, knowledge, experience and qualifications are applicable to the role.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Rose Naaz (03) 9355 3196
Please note, we do NOT accept applications via the Seek "Apply Now" button. Please apply via our careers site by following the link below.
This position requires the successful candidate to undergo pre-employment medical, police check and values testing.
GMCT is a Supportive Employer of Australian Defence Force Reservists.
GMCT is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We encourage applications from people of all ages, nationalities, abilities and cultures, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, the LGBTQI+ community and people living with a disability. We are happy to adjust our recruitment process to support accessibility needs - so reach out to us at [email protected]
To apply for this job go to: gmct.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies & enter ref code: 5534177.
- Job type:Entry Level Jobs
Computer Science, Cyber Security, Data Science...
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:27th Jun 2021, 1:59 pm