We are extremely proud of our government and politics internship programs. It does not get better than placements in a National Government, think tanks, or political NGOs for talented graduates interested in this sector!
Our partnership with the Colombian government offers talented graduates the chance to intern in any sector of their interest and expertise including environmental policy, trade & finance, culture, education, public policy, public health, public works & transport policy, marginalized communities and human resources. In London & Madrid, we work with a selection of first-class think tanks & political NGOs including Chartwell Partners, Intelligence Squared and Access Info Europe.
Be it working on trade policy in Latin America with the Colombian government or conducting research for a leading political party in Madrid, we have a multitude of opportunities for our most talented participants. Our government and politics internships will equip you with all the necessary skills to prepare yourself for a future career. By working with professionals in our partner organizations you will take your knowledge far beyond the classroom and learn an immeasurable amount from all the fantastic opportunities that they offer.
We also offer opportunities with top law firms all around the world. Our internships are ideal for those thinking about law school, those in law school, and graduates of law school. We offer first-class, hands-on legal internships in legal firms, Fortune 500 companies, and in NGOs. As a legal intern, you will support and learn from top industry professionals with work that includes going to client meetings, case management and legal research. Our partner companies will prepare you with important skills that will set you apart from others. In our Madrid program, we are proud to place interns at Grant Thornton to focus on corporate law. In Colombia, we offer opportunities to work directly in the government and congress, and in our Hong Kong program we have previously placed interns in a legal and compliance company, Red Flag.
What’s included in The Intern Group program:
- International Professional Internship
- Great Accommodation - choice of shared apartment or family home-stay
- All Transportation in-country (Madrid, Hong Kong & London only)
- Airport Pick Up
- A full range of regular cultural events and social activities
- Pre-arrival welcome pack
- Arrival welcome orientation
- A local mobile phone (Hong Kong & Latin America only)
- 24/7 Emergency support from our full time local staff
- Participation in our international community – we have between 10-150 participants in all our destinations at any time, providing you with an immediate, international network!
- From 4 weeks to 6 months (your choice)
- London - From £3,595
- New York - From $7,990 USD
- Hong Kong - From $5,505 USD
- Colombia - From $3,480 USD
- Shanghai - From $3,890 USD
- Madrid - From €3,670
- Dublin - From €3,990
- Toronto - From $7,890 CAD
- Chicago - From $7,200 USD
- Tokyo - From $4,800 USD
The Intern Group advantage:
Our program participants gain five main benefits:
- Gain a blue-chip international internship & develop your professional skills
- Boost your CV/Resume to future employers
- Have a fantastic and lasting life experience in a new and exhilarating country
- Improve your language skills (if applicable)
- Gain friends and professional networks from all over the world with our international community in all our program destinations!
Example Program Participant: Danah Jaffar, of The University of Sydney, talks about her time working for the Colombian Government in a social welfare and community development internship:
Example Program Participant: Pavlina Zdraveski from Sydney University of Technology tells us about her internship in Madrid, specialising in taxation, commercial and business law: