We provide first class and affordable, fully packaged Medical Elective programs in Latin America, for medical students from across the world. Our programs are based on removing all the logistical issues surrounding elective projects for you, ensuring you can fully concentrate on your training. We are committed to ensuring that the future doctors of tomorrow can experience first-hand the diverse and evolving nature of healthcare delivery in Latin America, while also enjoying one of the most eclectic cultures and landscapes of the world! We are partners with a hand-picked selection of first-class private and public hospitals in Medellin, Colombia.
The roles are active, hands-on roles where you will be interacting with patients. We provide talented interns to our partner companies in the following areas: Accident & Emergency, General Surgery, Pediatrics, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Clinical Medicine and Psychiatry.
You must have completed at least 2 years of medical school to be eligible for our electives.
We also require that you have some Spanish language skills. By this we mean at least 2 years Spanish language study during High School. Alternatively, if you have no Spanish language skills and you wish to complete our medical elective program, we recommend an intensive 2 week+ language course in Colombia immediately before starting your elective. We will arrange this for you with our partner university.
What’s included in The Intern Group program:
- International Professional Internship
- Great Accommodation - choice of shared apartment or family home-stay
- All Transportation in-country (Madrid, Hong Kong & London only)
- Airport Pick Up
- A full range of regular cultural events and social activities
- Pre-arrival welcome pack
- Arrival welcome orientation
- A local mobile phone (Hong Kong & Latin America only)
- 24/7 Emergency support from our full time local staff
- Participation in our international community – we have between 10-150 participants in all our destinations at any time, providing you with an immediate, international network!
- From 4 weeks to 6 months (your choice)
- London - From £3,595
- New York - From $7,990 USD
- Hong Kong - From $5,505 USD
- Colombia - From $3,480 USD
- Shanghai - From $3,890 USD
- Madrid - From €3,670
- Dublin - From €3,990
- Toronto - From $7,890 CAD
- Chicago - From $7,200 USD
- Tokyo - From $4,800 USD
The Intern Group advantage:
Our program participants gain five main benefits:
- Gain a blue-chip international internship & develop your professional skills
- Boost your CV/Resume to future employers
- Have a fantastic and lasting life experience in a new and exhilarating country
- Improve your language skills (if applicable)
- Gain friends and professional networks from all over the world with our international community in all our program destinations!
Example Program Participant: Christopher Foran, an American medical student at Thomas Jefferson University, discusses his time in Colombia working in the emergency department at Clínica Soma: