The Royal Children’s Hospital (RCH) provides secondary and tertiary care to children and young people across the northern and western suburbs; specialist paediatric healthcare to the children of Victoria, Tasmania, southern NSW and parts of South Australia; and is the designated state-wide provider of services including paediatric trauma, rehabilitation and forensic medicine. As a quaternary centre for complex cardiac surgery and organ transplantation, the RCH cares for the sickest children from around Australia.
With a passionate, highly skilled and committed staff campus wide of over 6000, we provide a full range of clinical services, tertiary care and health promotion and prevention programs for children and young people.
The Royal Children’s Hospital is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people. Click here for further information on our Commitment to Child Safety: http://www.rch.org.au/quality/child-safety/
Further information about RCH is available at www.rch.org.au
The Graduate Nurse Program
Our Graduate Nurse Program aims to facilitate your transition from a newly graduated registered nurse to a competent and confident registered nurse through ongoing learning and development in a safe and supportive environment.
The program is designed to promote:
- Child-focused, family-centred care
- Competence in paediatric nursing practice
- Engagement in critical questioning and reflective practice
- Integration into effective multidisciplinary teams
Our twelve-month program will include:
- Orientation and preceptorship
- Supernumerary time
- Professional development days
- Part time roles - 64 hours per fortnight (72 hours per fortnight in our perioperative area only)
Application Process - GNP 2022
Online applications open Monday 7th June 2021.
Before applying, please visit https://www.rch.org.au/nursing-education/graduate-nurses/ For full details on the application process, RCH Graduate Nurse Program 2022 program and FAQ’s.
There are two steps in the application process:
- All candidates must first register via PMCV Allocation and Placement Service https://allocations.pmcv.com.au/
- Apply directly to the Royal Children's Hospital online careers site - www.rch.org.au/careers
Your online application needs to include the following 5 documents:
- Application form - Click the hyperlink to access the Application Form and attach the completed form to the ‘Cover Letter’ section of your application.
- Certified copy of Academic Transcript*
- Certified copy of two most recent clinical appraisal documents**
* Please upload Academic Transcript to the Pre-Employment Documentation section. If you are yet to complete your degree, please include a certified copy of your most recent academic transcript, including your grading key.
** Please upload each clinical placement document seperately in the Supporting Documentation sections. This includes ANSAT assessments, reflection by student page and comments made by preceptor (both interim and final assessment). There is no need for the information pages as the file upload size is limited.
Selection Process - GNP 2022
- Our selection process will also involve a medication calculation assessment, an individual interview and reference checks.
- Appointments are subject to satisfactory Police Check and a current employee Working with Children Check.
View the PD here
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Health, Nursing and Midwifery
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:16th Jun 2021, 1:59 pm