You can opt to use the Aboriginal pathway if you identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander.
You still go through the program, but will get support from your own pathway manager. This support is flexible and tailored to you, but can be things like:
- help with your application
- one-on-ones prior to program milestones
- regular contact and catch ups
This pathway is an initiative of Victoria’s public sector Aboriginal Employment Strategy, Barring Djinang.
The team in charge of Barring Djinang works with public sector employees who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander.
If you get into the program, check out what else in the strategy could help you as a public servant.
- never share your information with anyone without your consent
- leave it up to you, if you want to tell your employer or peers about yourself