THE VICTORIAN GOVERNMENT
We want Victoria to be innovative and reflective of the community we serve. Graduates join us because we offer meaningful work that directly impacts Victorians and offers incredible career opportunities. No other employer has such a diversity of roles. Work in a place where you can live our shared values, including integrity, respect and human rights.
THE GRADUATE PROGRAM
Complete 3 rotations in different departments over 12-months. You'll contribute to important work and make connections across government. You’ll try varied work on different topics. Along the way, you'll develop your talents and find new passions.
The Accounting and finance stream is open to graduates with a major in accounting, finance, banking, commerce and business management. You’ll have a home department that you start in for your first rotation and return to at the end of the program in a permanent position. You’ll be drawing upon your hard-earned accounting and finance skills and knowledge during each placement in this stream. You may also receive vital support towards Chartered Accountant (CA) or Chartered Practicing Accountant (CPA) accreditation.
- Exposure to 3 different accounting and finance focused roles in different government departments / agencies
- A structured learning and development journey
- Specialist training in accounting and finance that affects the government
- Participation in executive mentoring
- A promotion and pay rise to more than $72,000 on successful completion of the program
- Collaboration with a large cohort of like-minded graduates
- Opportunity to learn about the Victorian public service
- Verbal and written communication
- Problem solving and analytical mindset
- Adaptability and resilience
- Teamwork and stakeholder engagement
- Technical skills in accounting, finance, banking, business management or commerce
- Completed an undergraduate or postgraduate degree between 1 Jan 2019 and 1 Jan 2022; and
- Have a minimum of 6 units / subjects (Major) in accounting or finance; and
- Australian or New Zealand citizen or Australian permanent resident or have unrestricted working rights in Australia at time of application; and
- Not be on a temporary graduate visa; and
- Not have taken a voluntary redundancy from the Victorian public sector in the 3 years up to the program start date of 24 January 2022.
- Online application form
- Online assessment
- Video interview
- Assessment centre
- Employment offer
ABORIGINAL AND TORRES STRAIT ISLANDER PATHWAY
The Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander pathway provides culturally appropriate guidance and support to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander applicants through the recruitment and selection process. You'll be supported by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff and other experienced professionals during the recruitment process and your career within the Victorian public sector. The Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander pathway is part of the Victorian public sector’s 5-year Aboriginal employment strategy, Barring Djinang.
The Disability pathway provides graduates with disability access to safe and inclusive support and adjustments from a dedicated professional. It enables us to better understand you as an individual and assists with equitable access throughout the entire process. It can also include support during the graduate year. The Disability pathway is consistent with the Victorian Government’s Getting to work disability employment action plan.
HOW TO APPLY
The 2022 Victorian Government graduate program applications are open between 23 February and 9.59am AEDT 29 March 2021.
We are also accepting applications for our Economic consultancy, Generalist and Data analytics streams. Visit http://www.grads.vic.gov.au for more details.
HEAR FROM OUR GRADUATES
Lachie is a Yorta Yorta man from Shepparton who stepped outside his comfort zone to develop his professional skill set. Read his graduate story at https://bit.ly/3jWuS2X
Applying through the Disability pathway provided Anna a wealth of support including guidance from mentors and the Graduate Disability Liaison officer. Read her graduate story at https://bit.ly/3jWuTUz
Being part of the grads program furthered Monica’s sense of purpose and community focus, helping her find her calling in a supportive, fast-paced and dynamic environment. Read her graduate story at https://bit.ly/2Nwc2DC
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Actuary, Banking and Finance, Compliance,...
- Work rights:
Australian Citizen, New Zealand Citizen,...
- POSITION START DATE
Jan 2022 (approx)
$60,314 plus super
- Program Duration
- Closing Date:28th Mar 2021, 10:59 pm