About the company
Think Brick Australia, CMAA and ARTA have an important job to do in representing the clay brick, concrete masonry and roof tile manufacturers of Australia. We are a high performing organisation, dynamic and innovative in our thinking and goals, focused on our vision and diverse in culture.
We undertake extensive research, provide technical resources, training and lobby governments to ensure that our members’ products are recognized as pre-eminent building materials by leading architects, developers, builders and property owners. We are instrumental in enhancing Standards and Regulations, increasing worksite safety and providing technical advice to practitioners about design and installation using masonry and roof tiles.
About the Role
Successful interns who join our Association are quickly integrated into our Technical Team and embark on a steep learning curve to improve their working knowledge of the brick, concrete masonry and roof tile industries and how these operate within the building and construction sectors.
You will work with Subject Matter Experts, our partner Universities and leading manufacturers in researching and resolving issues and verifying advancements which literally change Standards!
A day in the life of an intern at Think Brick includes:
- Answering technical or engineering enquiries regarding the properties and use of brick/block/roof tiles, in compliance with relevant Standards and supported by our technical resources.
- Helping to research, develop and promote the Associations’ technical resources
- Providing support to the Associations’ Technical Committees
- Conducting dedicated research projects
- Providing feedback on materials coming out of research projects
- Coordinating Standards Committee membership and participation
- Providing general support to the Civil Engineer and other staff, as required
The successful candidate will be:
- Able to commit to a full-time (38hr) working week for the duration of the 6-month internship
- Be in 3rd or final year of an Australian Civil Engineering Degree (Structural or Geotechnical)
- An effective communicator
- Intrinsically able to pay high attention to detail
- A high performing problem solver, confident in taking initiative and challenging the status quo
How to apply
- Hit APPLY to start the application process.
- Complete an online assessment evaluation through our chosen technology partner “Shortlyster”.
Your application will only be considered once this online process is complete. The Shortlyster technology helps us to intelligently shortlist candidates who fit our role on a technical level as well as a cultural, organisational, job and personality fit.
STRICTLY NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:14th Sep 2021, 1:59 pm