Want to work in an inclusive, supportive environment where you can freely voice your ideas and opinions?
Thoughtworks is a global software consultancy with an aim to create a positive impact on the world through technology. Our community of technologists thinks disruptively to deliver pragmatic solutions for our clients' most complex challenges. We are curious minds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries, free to be ourselves and make our mark in tech.
Our developers have been contributing code to major organisation and open source projects for over 25 years. They’ve also been writing books, speaking at conferences and helping push software development forward, changing companies and even industries along the way. We passionately believe that software quality is driven by open communication, review and collaboration. That's why we're such vehement supporters of open source and have made significant contributions to open source tools for testing, continuous delivery (GoCD), continuous integration (CruiseControl), machine learning and healthcare.
As consultants, we work with our clients to ensure we're evolving their technology and empowering adaptive mindsets to meet their business goals. You could influence the digital strategy of a retail giant, build a bold new mobile application for a bank or redesign platforms using event sourcing and intelligent data pipelines. You will learn how to apply the latest Lean and Agile thinking, create pragmatic solutions to solve mission-critical problems and challenge yourself every day.
Our entry-level consultants jumpstart their careers with Thoughtworks University (TWU): a three-week training program in India or China (virtual at present). When you return home, the Graduate Engagement Lead provides continual on-boarding support and further dedicated learning time, to help you grow into your new role at Thoughtworks.
You'll spend time on the following:
- You will pair to write clean and iterative code using practices like TDD, SOLID principles, OO design, and pair programming
- You will use continuous delivery practices to improve software delivery speed
- You will work in collaborative, product-focused teams to build innovative customer experiences for a variety of clients
- Learn, digest and subsequently apply the latest technology thinking from our tech radar to solve client problems
- Tackle a variety of challenges for clients of all industries, while collaborating with new teammates from diverse backgrounds
Here's what we're looking for:
- You have less than 1 year of professional experience working as a developer
- You understand analysis, design, coding and OO concepts
- You thrive in a collaborative and non-hierarchical environment
- You have a passion for learning and a desire to create meaningful solutions for business problems
- You're resilient in ambiguous situations and can approach challenges from multiple perspectives
Candidates must hold Australian/ New Zealand Citizenship or Australian Permanent Residency at time of application.
Applications currently open to May 2022 Intake.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Computer Science, Consulting, Information Technology
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- POSITION START DATE
May 2022 (approx)
- Program Duration
- Remote Friendly
- Closing Date:20th Feb 2022, 6:00 am