ThoughtWorks is a global software consultancy with an aim to create a positive impact on the world through technology. Our community of technologists thinks disruptively to deliver pragmatic solutions for our clients' most complex challenges. We are curious minds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries, free to be ourselves and make our mark in tech.
We're looking for a Paralegal in Sydney to join our APAC Legal Team where you will support three business regions: Australia, Singapore and Thailand. This role is open to final year law students if you have the right skills and can commit to full-time work.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with reviewing and drafting legal documents and contracts (e.g., NDAs, service contracts and vendor agreements)
- Supporting the business in contract and record management and tracking
- Researching and providing legal advice on legal and compliance requirements
- General commercial and contractual risk management
- Working closely with the Demand, Finance, People and InfoSec teams on various matters to support the business
- Corresponding with employees and other functions within the company
- Coordinating with colleagues from other Group companies outside of Australia
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- Self-driven and proactive, willing to learn and open-minded
- Organised, and with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent reading, writing and communication skills
- Teamwork and ability to collaborate with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision after a period of onboarding and training by our senior lawyers
- Ability to multitask and prioritise, and work in a fast paced environment
- Proficiency with Thai language a strong plus, though not necessary
Please note this role is NOT part of ThoughtWorks University/ our Graduate Program.
- Job type:Entry Level Jobs
- Work rights:
Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- Position Start Date
- Closing Date:11th Apr 2021, 7:00 am