Our workforce is comprised of many talented and motivated individuals, many who came to TJX early in their careers. Now, those same individuals are championing the culture and supporting the future of a dynamic, $33 billion company.
TJX Australia has no active opportunities at the moment.
See who’s currently hiring with our Job Search!Search for jobs
At TK Maxx, we deliver exceptional value on an ever-changing selection of big brand, designer and high-quality fashion apparel and home wares, for a whole lot less than department stores, every single day. We're an international brand and part of the TJX companies, with over 4,000 stores in nine countries and now in Australia, with 44 locations across the east coast and plans to continue our growth!
Our head office is located in Sydney, and holds our Merchandise (Buying and Planning), Marketing, Visual Merchandise, Finance, IT, Human Resources, and Property and Store Development Teams. We believe in working in cross-functional groups to achieve the best results, and supporting our people to achieve.
We are proud of our team’s achievements and provide a variety of Associate benefits to ensure our people continue to be inspired and looked after as part of our team.
TK Maxx is part of The TJX Companies, Inc. the leading off-price apparel and home fashions retailer in the U.S. and worldwide. TJX retail chains include T.J. Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post, as well as tjmaxx.com and sierratradingpost.com in the United States; Winners, HomeSense, and Marshalls in Canada; and T.K. Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria, and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense and tkmaxx.com in the U.K. and TK Maxx in Australia.
We know that successful off-price retailing requires a unique set of skills, so we offer the TJX Australia Planning and Allocations School of Excellence (PASE) Graduate Program (the Program). The Program is an intensive classroom and on-the-job training, coaching and mentoring on everything from implementing shipping strategies to allocating merchandise - all to prepare you to drive millions of dollars in business.
Commencing as an Allocation Analyst, the Program provides you with a structured career path and the potential for growth in Merchandise Planning and Allocation, Merchandise Buying and Management.
This is a unique program designed for graduates who are driven, agile and committed with a strong willingness to understand the fundamentals of business while working for a market leader with a national and international footprint.
Every week is different from the last. The buzz begins on Monday morning, as you analyse last week’s sales, call out what was a hit to your Buyer, and then turn your attention to fresh opportunities for the week ahead.
As an Allocation Analyst you will:
- Create an optimal product mix at department/category/store level through interpretation of numerical/demographic/market data, and the allocation of goods
- Analyse the business and through partnership with Planning Managers, Planners, Buyers, and peers, creates weekly shipping strategies. Use reporting tools and consider various factors including historical sales, store volume, store size, demographics and market trends to ensure the right product is allocated to the right stores at the right time
- Partner with Buyers to assess merchandise mix and build product strategies
- Monitor store performance to ensure sales and inventory turnover targets are being met
- Communicate observations, ideas and recommendations to business partners at all levels within the organisation
What we are looking for:
- Graduates or individuals who are work-ready, and have a drive to grow and develop within the business
- Innovative thinkers that like a challenge. Someone who is action-oriented, loves to learn, thrives on being creative, is willing to speak up and who is passionate about what they do
- An interest in working with fashion, merchandise (products) and the retail industry
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to understand, interpret qualitative and quantitative data to aid in effective decision-making
- Strong problem-solving skills which include the ability to respond to inquiries as well as the ability to effectively and efficiently resolve issues
- Superior interpersonal abilities to perform effectively in a collaborative and team-oriented environment
You will be hands-on from day one, contributing in a real job that enables a real opportunity to ignite your career – while learning about the world of Merchandising within a global retailer.
You’ll work for a company that values diversity and encourages its people to be creative, get involved and think outside the box. We are committed to our talented associates and therefore you have every opportunity to thrive both professionally and personally.
You will participate in an intensive program offering classroom and on-the-job training, coaching and mentoring on everything from implementing shipping strategies to allocating merchandise – all to prepare you to drive millions of dollars in business.
You’ll be challenging yourself every day and learning as you go. All of which means you can take your career as far as you want to. Are you ready?
- Submit Your Application – Include an up-to-date copy of your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
- Telephone Assessment – You will be asked a number of behavioural based questions so as to assess your motivation for the program, behaviours, knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Interview – If your application is successful, you’ll be invited to participate in both group and individual interview/s and assessment centre activities. This is yet another opportunity to showcase your capability and communicate more about yourself and how you fit the requirements of the program.
- Online Psychometric Assessment – Complete an online Psychometric assessment. You will also be required to provide 2 referees to support your application.
- Offer – An offer will be made to successful candidates. A contract of employment is generated.
How do you feel about your time in the PASE program?
- I absolutely loved it! I’ve worked in fashion for 20 years and everything I’ve learned has been on the job – it was fantastic to have a detailed learning program.
- Great – so glad we have such a positive training program and people who are so passionate about teaching and growing the organisation.
- Enjoyed the program both the activities and the information gathered. I feel confident and excited to start my position as an analyst.
- Before going into the program I imagined it would be little dull but I was totally wrong! The past 2 weeks have been an insightful and memorable experience.
- At the start of the program I was a little apprehensive as I have participated in internal training programs in the past; however the PASE program far exceeded my expectations. I really enjoyed coming to class each day and was excited to hear what we would be learning! The trainers were very patient and detailed, and were so engaging that it made us all want to learn more!
- Great! So much knowledge and information. From my experience in retail I feel like so many of my questions have been answered and that’s exciting for me.
What has been your biggest learning?
- Learning to think objectively and how we impact the business in our role.
- Learning the TJX culture and the off price business model was extremely interesting and I feel I have a good grasp of the role. Learning to be more objective and understand the importance of value and BFPQ.
- I have learnt so much about myself in the past two weeks, the person I am and my capabilities including presenting in front of people/peers and management and what I can do to better myself.
- Everything! Learning the background and all the work that goes into every aspect. Loved hearing management stories! I want to grow and grow with this company and I loved hearing about the journey and experience of them all. Very excited about my career at TJX and I hope that I get the amazing opportunities that you guys have!
- Store visits and comparison shop were also great, the theory and practice looked different and increased the learning for the group.
- This is a fantastic program and I wish I had this opportunity when I first graduated from Uni!
At TJX, we strive for a workplace where our Associates feel welcomed when they walk in the door, valued for their diversity of thought, background, and experience, and engaged with our mission to provide value to our customers. We fully appreciate that our Associates bring our business to life, and we aim to support them by making TJX a terrific place to work.
It’s very important for us to attract ambitious and talented individuals, teach them the fundamentals of our off-price model, offer them challenging assignments, and support their career growth. We believe this encourages Associates to join us, not just for a job, but to build a career. With over 36% of people in managerial positions around the world having been with TJX for 10 or more years, we believe our approach is working.
We are proud of our culture – and we talk a lot about it! Staying true to that culture has been a priority for over four decades and will continue to be as we grow and expand around the globe.