We know that successful off-price retailing requires a unique set of skills, so we offer the TJX Australia Planning and Allocations School of Excellence (PASE) Graduate Program (the Program). The Program is an intensive classroom and on-the-job training, coaching and mentoring on everything from implementing shipping strategies to allocating merchandise - all to prepare you to drive millions of dollars in business.
Commencing as an Allocation Analyst, the Program provides you with a structured career path and the potential for growth in Merchandise Planning and Allocation, Merchandise Buying and Management.
This is a unique program designed for graduates who are driven, agile and committed with a strong willingness to understand the fundamentals of business while working for a market leader with a national and international footprint.
Every week is different from the last. The buzz begins on Monday morning, as you analyse last week’s sales, call out what was a hit to your Buyer, and then turn your attention to fresh opportunities for the week ahead.
As an Allocation Analyst you will:
- Create an optimal product mix at department/category/store level through interpretation of numerical/demographic/market data, and the allocation of goods
- Analyse the business and through partnership with Planning Managers, Planners, Buyers, and peers, creates weekly shipping strategies. Use reporting tools and consider various factors including historical sales, store volume, store size, demographics and market trends to ensure the right product is allocated to the right stores at the right time
- Partner with Buyers to assess merchandise mix and build product strategies
- Monitor store performance to ensure sales and inventory turnover targets are being met
- Communicate observations, ideas and recommendations to business partners at all levels within the organisation
What we are looking for:
- Graduates or individuals who are work-ready, and have a drive to grow and develop within the business
- Innovative thinkers that like a challenge. Someone who is action-oriented, loves to learn, thrives on being creative, is willing to speak up and who is passionate about what they do
- An interest in working with fashion, merchandise (products) and the retail industry
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to understand, interpret qualitative and quantitative data to aid in effective decision-making
- Strong problem-solving skills which include the ability to respond to inquiries as well as the ability to effectively and efficiently resolve issues
- Superior interpersonal abilities to perform effectively in a collaborative and team-oriented environment
You will be hands-on from day one, contributing in a real job that enables a real opportunity to ignite your career – while learning about the world of Merchandising within a global retailer.
You’ll work for a company that values diversity and encourages its people to be creative, get involved and think outside the box. We are committed to our talented associates and therefore you have every opportunity to thrive both professionally and personally.
You will participate in an intensive program offering classroom and on-the-job training, coaching and mentoring on everything from implementing shipping strategies to allocating merchandise – all to prepare you to drive millions of dollars in business.
You’ll be challenging yourself every day and learning as you go. All of which means you can take your career as far as you want to. Are you ready?
- Submit Your Application – Include an up-to-date copy of your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
- Telephone Assessment – You will be asked a number of behavioural based questions so as to assess your motivation for the program, behaviours, knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Interview – If your application is successful, you’ll be invited to participate in both group and individual interview/s and assessment centre activities. This is yet another opportunity to showcase your capability and communicate more about yourself and how you fit the requirements of the program.
- Online Psychometric Assessment – Complete an online Psychometric assessment. You will also be required to provide 2 referees to support your application.
- Offer – An offer will be made to successful candidates. A contract of employment is generated.