Early Careers Program - Technology Engineering
- 18 month rotational program
- Choose which Technology Rotation is best aligned to you and your aspirations
- Hybrid-working, a mix of working from home and from our high-tech office right in the Heart of Barangaroo
About the program
The TPG Telecom Early Careers Program is an 18-month rotational program designed to kick-start your career. You’ll be working alongside, and learning from, experts and senior leaders across our business. TPG Telecom has a powerhouse of brands which include Vodafone, TPG, iiNet, Internode, Lebara, AAPT and felix. The latest technology and brave thinking let us connect our people and communities. You could play a role in that. A big one. We invite you to bring your boldness and stand out.
What’s this rotation all about?
You will manoeuvre through three 6-month rotations within Technology Engineering teams either in IT or Networks and work as part of a team, supporting the performance of customer portals, ordering platforms and back end systems across the business. You will be given the opportunity to get involved with projects, working in line with assigned priorities and schedules and liaising with internal teams and vendor partners to assist in project delivery. Working in Technology Engineering, you’ll collect data and apply technical and business logics to specific pieces of work within your team.
What are we looking for?
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software or Network Engineering or a related discipline.
- Excellent programming skills and willingness to learn new technologies.
- Good interpersonal and consultative skills with the ability to work autonomously or in a team environment.
- Good oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate technical information and ideas clearly.
- A learning mindset.
Note: If you have some working experience in this area and are applying for our Early Careers Program, we would love to see a working background in the telecommunications industry. Certifications such as CCNP is also highly regarded.
You will be eligible to apply if you meet the following criteria:
- Will be open to candidates in their penultimate year of university, or with up to 3 years post-graduation working within an IT, Networks, Engineering or Telecommunications discipline.
- Australian Citizen/New Zealand Citizen, Permanent Residency and 485 visa with 18-month validity from the program commencement date.
- Please note that all roles are currently based in Sydney. Interstate candidates are encouraged to apply but must be prepared to cover all travel costs for attendance at key selection stages if invited.
- You may be asked to present evidence of your degree completion should you be successful.
What’s in it for you?
You will have access to the latest technology, connectivity bonus that may include $1,000 towards a smart phone of your choice and working from our high-tech office right in the Heart of Barangaroo. We have a collaborative and flexible hybrid way of working along with great benefits such as extra leave and a paid day off to support a charity that you’re passionate about. Other perks include discounts on health insurance, travel, banking, gym memberships and many more.
- A competitive early-career compensation package.
- A completion incentive at the end of the program.
- At the end of the 18 months, you’ll have support in continuing your career with TPG Telecom using the myriad of skills you’ve gained.
- Take control of your development – we offer a structured induction and learning program.
- Access to a ‘Stay Connected Mobile’ – Access to a free mobile plan and ‘Stay Connected NBN’ – NBN 100 plan, subject to availability within your area.
We believe in the power of meaningful relationships to support vibrant, connected communities where everyone belongs. You will join a supportive company that is diverse and inclusive, and celebrates what makes our employees different, as well as what brings us together. We want you to bring your true self to work, and to feel like your contribution matters. We encourage ambition in everything we do, from telco solutions to customer experience, to community impact. You will have real opportunities to take charge and take control.
If you think the power of people and collaboration can make a meaningful difference in the world, then APPLY NOW to help us build a better future.
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Computer Science, Engineering Software
- Work rights:Australian Skilled Migration Visa (485),...
- Program Duration
- POSITION START DATE
Jul 2023 (approx)
- Closing Date:16th Feb 2023, 1:59 pm
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.