At Transport for NSW (Transport) we offer a culturally diverse workplace that values the distinct skills, experience and knowledge of Aboriginal people.
We respect that personal priorities are unique and that honouring connections with country and community is central to the lives of many Aboriginal people.
We have prioritised a range of projects to attract and support people who identify as Aboriginal, including those in senior leadership roles. These include:
- Leadership opportunities through our Learning Pathways programs
- -Mentoring and sponsorship programs
- Secondment opportunities across Transport
- Career Pathways
- Fast-tracking development opportunities
As a recognised employer of people from Aboriginal communities, Transport works in a number of ways to encourage Aboriginal talent, including:
- Recruitment strategies that focus on culture
- Hosting special forums and networking events
- Offering Aboriginal Graduate, VET Cadet and HSC scholarship opportunities
- Regional visits by Transport staff and Executives to promote career opportunities
Transport has specific policies and plans in place to support diversity, fairness and flexibility. Our Executive and people managers set goals to promote awareness of cultural diversity and increase representation and retention of employees from Aboriginal backgrounds.
Dedicated learning pathways help build capabilities of people from Aboriginal backgrounds and promote awareness of Aboriginal culture within our organisation, in line with Transport’s commitment to an inclusive workplace.