Are you currently studying your High School Certificate (HSC) or in the early stages of your undergraduate degree at university and are looking for flexible paid work that will kick start your career?
Applications are now open for our 2021 Transport for NSW Scholar Program!
Choosing which series to stream tonight is hard. Choosing your career path can be even harder. Maybe you already know exactly what you want to do, perhaps you have no idea yet, or you sit somewhere in between. Let us help you discover what it is that you love to do through our Scholar Program.
With a team of 27,000 people working across New South Wales in urban and regional communities, this is your opportunity to discover what makes you tick and make a difference right across the state.
Working with Transport for NSW could see you upgrading our road network on the Pacific Highway, from Woolgoolga to Ballina, to bring commuters home to their loved ones safely. You could consult on environmental plans for the new Western Sydney Aerotropolis to design a sustainable future for our cities. You might work with big data and inform future network upgrades. Build game-changing projects with the Parramatta Light Rail, Sydney Metro and Regional Rail and enable greater than ever connections in our cities. Or develop a communications campaign about road safety to increase public awareness. The opportunities are limitless.
As a Transport for NSW Scholar you will...
- Experience three to five years of learning and career development
- Gain exposure to a range of work and projects across the organisation
- Enjoy flexible work arrangements that fit in with your studies; and
- Work directly with industry leading experts
The biggest perk of all? Earn a credit average in your university degree and we will reimburse your course fees.
We offer our Scholars interesting, challenging and rewarding work that makes a real impact to communities across the state and are looking for people who are passionate, ambitious and committed. Along the way, you’ll have plenty of fun, meet supportive people and enjoy experiences like no other.
What else is on offer?
- Supportive Placement Manager and Program Manager that will provide you with meaningful work, development opportunities and invaluable advice
- Three to five-year program, depending on the length of your undergraduate degree
- Competitive base salary from $54,282 (pro rata), plus superannuation and benefits
- Learning program, where you’ll have direct access to mentoring, networking events, and workshops; and
- Work-life balance that fits your life and studies, supported by flexibility policies that are, well…flexible
This role may undertake placements across the Western region. The Western region is headquartered in Parkes and includes surrounding suburbs such as Orange, Lithgow, Dubbo, Bathurst, Broken Hill and surrounding areas.
We’re looking for people from a range of engineering related disciplines such as Environmental Science/Engineering, Civil/Structural Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering and Surveying.
To be eligible for our programs, you must:
- Have an Australian or New Zealand citizenship or Australian Permanent Residency
- Be entering the first or second year of your undergraduate Bachelor degree from university at the time of starting the Scholar Program from January 2021
- Be able to attend university full time (enrolled in a minimum of 75% normal full time study load)
- Work flexible hours Monday to Friday a minimum of 35 hours a week during university breaks. Have the option to work a minimum of 14 hours a week during semesters/trimesters; and
- Be available to commence employment in January 2021
We’re diverse, because you’re diverse
Transport for NSW is deeply committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workplace where our people can be their whole selves at work. Here, we celebrate people from all backgrounds, abilities, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, family statuses and lived experiences.
What are you waiting for? Apply now!
To find out more about the Scholar Program, read the role description here before applying.
If you have any questions or require further information, please email Jessica Craig at [email protected]
Applications close Monday 5th October 2020 11:59pm.
- Job type:Scholarships
Engineering, Engineering Environmental, Environment
Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
- Closing Date:5th Oct 2020, 12:59 pm