Transport for NSW (Transport) is an inclusive workplace where diversity of thought matters as much as cultural diversity. We understand the challenges and worth of achieving true gender balance across our business and at senior executive levels. In response, we are cultivating a flexible, supportive and educational culture which empowers women at every level.
We acknowledge that women’s professional participation contributes to improved staff engagement, better decision making, higher productivity and superior delivery of customer-focussed services at all levels across the organisation, and particularly in senior leadership roles.
Transport prioritises a range of initiatives to attract, develop and retain women in senior roles, including:
- Leadership networking programs
- Mentoring and sponsorship opportunities
- Career pathways
- Recruitment processes to support gender balance at a senior leadership level
- Fast-tracking development programs
- Hosting internal and sponsoring external Women in Leadership events
- Facilitating Women in Leadership forums
- Actively supporting external Women in Engineering events
At Transport, we have specific policies and plans to support diversity, fairness and flexibility, and our Executive and people managers set goals to deliver improved representation and retention of women at all levels
Our Senior Executive staff support the Champions of Change program, designed to break down barriers that slow the professional progress of women to senior positions.
We encourage talented women from all walks of life to join our diverse team, cultivate challenging and rewarding careers, and help us drive real gender balance within and beyond our organisation.