Do you want to help our clients buy and sell equities, foreign currencies, interest rates and credit? You’ll:
- help our clients buy and sell on the phone and using our online systems
- (on a client team) be promoting products and trading opportunities to clients based on an in-depth understanding of their needs and investment styles
- (as a sales trader) be the link between clients and traders, giving clients useful information about what’s happening in the markets and executing their trades at the best prices
- (as a trader) seek the best prices to execute our clients’ sales orders and make markets in listed and over-the-counter equities, equity derivatives and equity-linked securities
You’ll be working in Global Markets, looking after professional investors like asset managers and fund managers. You’ll give them advice and do everything that’s needed to buy and sell securities for them. From start to finish. You’ll be able to draw on the strength of our platforms, products, services and people worldwide to give your clients whatever they need.
You need to be graduating in Dec 2022 to Jun 2023 (after deferring your studies to join the program) and with less than two years of work experience.
It doesn’t matter what you’re studying at university. (Really, it doesn’t. As long as you have the right to work in the location which you applied to) But we’d like to see evidence that you can:
- analyze a problem, take a view and come to a decision
- plan, organize and communicate well
- make things happen
- stick with a task
- work in a team
- come up with ideas
Perhaps you’ve organized a fundraising event or taken part in team sports? Or persevered and passed an exam in a subject you found challenging? Think about how things you’ve achieved match the skills we’re after.
On this 12-month industrial placement, you’ll get to join one of our teams in Global Markets. You’ll still be working toward your university degree course while getting the opportunity to be a real part of the team, working with our experts and learning about the industry, our clients, our firm and a specific area of it. You’ll have plenty of opportunities to develop new skills and make contacts. And if you impress us, your placement may result into a career-track graduate position.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Please apply directly online to the provided link.
We encourage you to apply for this opportunity as early as you can prior to the closing date.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
- Job type:Internships
Accounting, Banking and Finance, Business and...
- Work rights:
Australian Student Visa
- Closing Date:31st Dec 2020, 12:59 pm