2021 Mid-Year Graduate Enrolled and Registered Nursing Program
- Location: St Stephens Hospital, Hervey Bay
- Employment Type: 12 Months Fixed Term, Part-Time, 64hrs per fortnight
- Enrolled Nurse Remuneration: $31.23 - $34.96 p/h (FTE $61, 710 - $69, 081) + 10 % super
- Registered Nurse Remuneration: $36.31- $46.67 p/h (FTE $71, 748 - $92, 219), + 10% super
As Australia’s first fully digital hospital, St Stephen’s gives the Wide Bay community access to one of the country’s most advanced healthcare facilities. An innovative non-for-profit regional hospital, we’re small enough to provide individualised care, but large enough to cover a majority of health needs. With facilities that utilise leading edge technology and staffed by leaders in their field, it allows us to provide a comprehensive range of inpatient medical services, as well day surgery.
As a St Stephens Graduate, you will have the opportunity to work as part of Australia’s first fully-integrated digital environment that is re-defining the way healthcare is delivered. We are the only not-for-profit private hospital service on the Fraser Coast, offering you the opportunity to work alongside a team of seasoned professionals - highly experienced and skilled in delivering the utmost quality in person-centred care.
Supporting you to succeed – your graduate year and beyond:
At St Stephens, we’re proud of our reputation for graduate support, retention and success, with many Graduates going on to experience exceptional careers with our family, and beyond. Graduate study days, education sessions, formal courses, workshops and supernumerary hours are just some of the ways we support you in your Graduate year.
Most importantly, we offer educators, leaders and team mates that genuinely care from the heart about your success. As a values-based organisation we are committed to providing new graduates with a professional, caring and structured environment to support their learning and development. Our highly-skilled Educators offer a genuine, supportive experience for our graduates and work closely with you to ensure you are continually learning and expanding your skills.
About our Program:
This year, we’re proud to offer opportunities to both Enrolled and Registered Nurses into our General Nursing Stream.
This 12-month program will give you the opportunity to build your skills in two 6-month rotations across our general Medical & Surgical Ward and our Rehabilitation Ward.
The program will commence 13th September 2021.
Supporting you to support others:
We’re proudly part of UnitingCare; one of the largest not-for-profit private hospital groups and a major provider of healthcare services in Queensland for over 65 years. Whether on the road, in people’s homes or in our hospitals, everything our dedicated team do is built on enabling independence, choice and freedom.
The St Stephens Graduate program offers a competitive salary package, including 17.5% annual leaving loading, shift loading and more as well as:
- Not-for-profit salary packaging options: allocate up to $15,900 of your pre-tax income to everyday living expenses, designed to increase your take home pay
- Flexible work arrangements to support work-life balance
- Employee assistance, health & wellness programs
- Values-based culture & rewards and recognition
- Ongoing learning & development
How to apply:
To submit your application, please ensure you complete the following:
- Click the Apply button and respond to the relevant selection criteria
- Upload a Cover Letter and updated Resume outlining your experience and education
- Upload your recent clinical prac/mentor reports
In your Cover Letter, please describe:
- What you believe you could contribute to the team at St Stephens
- Which areas of nursing you are most passionate about
- How this Graduate opportunity will support your long terms goals
Graduate Program commences 13th September 2021.
All communications from UnitingCare regarding graduate programs will be sent via email, so it’s important to regularly check your emails including your junk mail, if applying for a role.
Please ensure the UnitingCare email addresses with the domain names of @uchealth.com.au and @ucareqld.com.au are set to ‘safe” to ensure these domains don’t go to your junk mail.
Thank you and we look forward to receiving your application.
Through our values UnitingCare are proud of our teams diversity, we believe in the strength of a diverse and inclusive workforce to help us achieve the best outcomes for the communities in which we operate and serve. We highly encourage applications from people who identify as a part of the Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Community.
We work hard to make our services welcoming and safe for every person. We are united in keeping children, young people and the elderly safe from harm, within our services, workplaces and the communities we support. We are committed to speaking up loudly for their safety.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Health, Nursing and Midwifery
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:19th Jul 2021, 1:59 pm