A better customer journey
VIX Technology leads the way in transport ticketing, implementing and managing automated fare collection, payments, access and passenger information systems for customers around the globe. For the past 30 years we have focused solely on the transport ticketing industry, and we continuously strive to be innovative leaders. With projects in more than 200 cities across the globe, we are passionate about providing a better customer journey.
We've built a passionate team of hard-working and collaborative people from all over the world. We make bold and innovative decisions which shape us as market leaders operating in more than 200 cities. We are honest and hold each other accountable in our mission to excel as a team to make transit providers successful. These are our values!
Find out more about your new workplace!
Be part of our Global Headquarters, based right here in sunny Perth. You will be working with an innovative and diverse team all over the World including the UK, Europe and America. At VIX, we encourage creativity, autonomy and flexibility to foster an environment of continuous improvement where you can bring your whole self to work.
We are currently looking for 2 x Engineers to work within our iVal/Legacy equipment DPU software team, where you will receive mentorship and guidance from industry leaders and be a major contributor to our company. We are looking for motivated, technically adept, delivery-focused graduates keen to contribute to a passionate team who love doing what they do.
How you will make an impact:
- Provide engineering support when building, deploying, configuring, testing, and supporting systems for customers
- Write testable well documented code
- Understand the data and business solutions we provide
- Implement peer-reviewed software, focusing on re-use, object-oriented design, and unit testing.
- Develop automated unit tests for all implemented software and Identify risks and resolve issues during the project life cycle.
- Ensure the quality and maintainability of software and related work products
What you could bring to our team:
- You will be a recent Graduate in Software Engineering & Computer Science, with some post grad experience
- An understanding of any of the following programming languages; (C/C++) and/or scripting (Unix Shell Scripting, Python)
- Any experience in working with IoT is an additional plus
- An interest in learning about Android, Linux and Cloud technologies (AWS)
- High level problem-solving skills, with a demonstrated ability to investigate complex issues
- Enjoy working in a team environment
- Candidates must hold current Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residence to be eligible
What’s in it for you?
Besides the opportunity to work for a global company that is customer focused and values its people.
Additionally, all our team members enjoy;
- A truly flexible working environment - work from home options
- Contribute from day one in this hands-on role
- A focus on learning and development
- Competitive market rate salary
Sounds good? Then apply now.
Add your resume and anything else to showcase why you would be a great addition to our team. Don’t forget to include confirmation of your working rights, unfortunately we are unable to offer sponsorship on this occasion.
VIX Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all people and want to build a workforce as diverse as the community we serve. We aim to have a work environment where everyone feels included and everyone can realize their full potential.
No recruitment agencies, please! We won’t accept any introductions.
- Job type:Entry Level Jobs
Computer Science, Engineering Software
- Work rights:
- Closing Date:24th May 2021, 1:59 pm