We empower our people to Do it. Own it. Love it and that’s why they choose to work for us. Here, it’s never just a job – We care about what we do and the impact we have, and that’s what connects us. The time is now - if you want to be part of something great and hear more the opportunity then read on…
What’s the Opportunity?
The Associate PMO Analyst graduate will be responsible for working with the PMO Analyst leads driving improvements within the PMO and embedding best practice controls and sound program management protocols to support the Digital and Transformation Project Delivery teams to deliver a range of projects.
You will be responsible for learning and applying various methods and practices around project and program management, improving the overall PMO maturity across the organization, and tracking and reporting the conformance to plans and expectations of IT-oriented initiatives.
The role is based in our North Sydney office, with the flexibility to work from home and anywhere.
What’s the day to day?
- Engaging initiative submitters to review their submissions to the PMO, reviewing the initiatives mission, goals, and operating/benefits model.
- Working with the PMO leads on the identification and implementation of project management processes, methods, tools, guidelines, and standards that establish a stable framework supporting all project teams and stakeholders to ensure successful project delivery.
- Assist with the reviews and hygiene checks in order to improve the project management best practices to achieve higher maturity across Vocus VNS Project delivery.
- Provide reporting and information to assist in decision making about portfolio performance.
- Support the Head of Vocus Network Delivery & Business Analysis in the successful delivery of service outputs and the achievement of planned outcomes.
- Maintain effective reporting systems and provision of quality reports, submissions, briefings regarding all areas of responsibility against program performance indicators and other strategic priorities.
- Assist with the coordination of stakeholders on governance issues relevant to program initiatives.
What you will need to be successful:
- Self-starter with proven ability to be proactive around the work/project items assigned to them
- Have a continuous improvement mind set, enjoys being challenged to stretch and grow.
- Has some knowledge or at least interest of projects, project management.
- Good time management and organisation skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills.
- Ability to draft accurate and succinct meeting records, reports, briefings and submissions.
- Ability to develop recommendations, monitor and follow-up action items.
- Ability to manage a diverse workload and competing priorities.
How to Apply?
If this role sounds like you, please click apply and submit your updated resume and complete the mandatory pre-screen questions today!
The extra stuff we know you want to know
We know how to celebrate our wins and we know learning from our mistakes makes us better. We are all about flexible working and, hand on heart, we practise work life balance. We high five you on your work anniversary and give you a day off. We know time off is important for balance, so we have an option to buy more leave. We embrace your unique style and let you be a master of your own style with no dress code. This is just the tip of the iceberg, so jump on our careers site or LinkedIn to find out more!
Did I hear you say, “Who is Vocus?”
We are a challenger business in the Telco and Energy Industry. We listened to our customers and heard that they wanted more from a network, so that’s what we’ve given them.
- We built the network thanks to our own team of highly skilled fibre engineers.
- We own our network giving us easier, straightforward access.
- We manage our network here in Australia out of our Melbourne offices.
We now have more than 20,000 km of fibre optic cable laid and operational throughout Australia, 5000 on-net buildings connected to our network.
We have the best employee benefits such as telecommunication and utility discounts, the ability to purchase leave, anniversary leave, and awesome parental leave benefits. Best of all we believe in flexibility and fitting your job into your life - Vocus is quite simply just a great place to work.
- Job type:Entry Level Jobs
Computer Science, Cyber Security, Data Science...
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:18th Jul 2021, 1:59 pm