We believe the only true sustainable advantage is the quality and performance of our people. Each Wesfarmers division operates as a separate business and therefore has a distinct culture. However, there are four core values that drive all of our businesses and shape our culture as a whole:
- Acting ethically in all dealings.
- Openness and honesty in reporting, feedback and ideas.
- Accept that people make mistakes and seek to learn from them.
- Significant delegation of authority and decision making to divisions.
- Accountability for performance.
- Protect and enhance our reputation
- Prepared to take calculated risk and highly commercial.
- Making things happen, seeking out value-accretive opportunities.
Our Leadership Model
Wesfarmers recognises the identification and development of talent as an investment with expected returns not only for the business, but also for our people.
We value people with demonstrated talent in three key areas:
The knowledge, experience and thinking ability required to plan and make sound business decisions.
The personal implementation and execution skills required to deliver superior outcomes.
The communication and relationship skills required to influence people to deliver superior outcomes.