Western Health Pharmacy is seeking enthusiastic Fourth Year Pharmacy Students to work on a casual basis in the COVID Vaccination clinics. This presents an exciting opportunity for a Pharmacy Student looking to build on what they’re learning at university and develop their operational and clinical skills within a hospital pharmacy environment.
About the Role
The successful applicant will be working under the supervision of a pharmacist at Western Health’s COVID Vaccination Hub and contributing by:
- Assisting in the day to day running of the COVID vaccination program
- Assisting in the preparation of COVID vaccine dose from multi-dose vials using aseptic technique after appropriate training and competency assessment
- Assisting in the reconciliation and maintenance of stock levels and ordering of COVID-19 vaccines
- Assisting in the dispensing and distribution of vaccine and necessary medications to and from various COVID-19 vaccination clinics
- Labelling of vaccine syringes and preparation of labels
- Provide support to the vaccination clinic including working extended hours outside of the ordinary hours as defined by the EBA
- Assist the pharmacist and nurses with other duties at the COVID-19 vaccination clinic
The position is available for immediate start after training is completed.
To be Successful in this Role you
- Must be undertaking study as a 4th Year Student in the Bachelor of Pharmacy or equivalent.
- Have current student registration with AHPRA
- Must be flexible with work locations and have a driver’s licence
- Must have well-developed written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, and the ability to co-operate with all hospital staff and patients.
- Must have general computer skills and knowledge of information systems and technology.
- Must have demonstrated ability to accept and carry out instructions
- Must be organised, reliable and adaptable to dynamic work environments
The successful applicant must have the ability to work as part of a team, assign priority to responsibilities and meet time constraints. They must also have a strong customer focus and demonstrate excellent communication, interpersonal and information technology skills. In addition the successful applicant must be flexible and demonstrate a willingness to work across any Western Health site as required.
Our workforce of over 9,000 employees are driven by our values of ‘Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence and Safety’ (CARES). We value our people and provide them the opportunity to grow and develop. Our teams are friendly and supportive, ensuring we deliver a safe, person-centred and connected patient experience.
Western Health comprises of three acute public hospitals: Footscray, Sunshine and Williamstown Hospital. We also operate the Joan Kirner Women’s and Children’s, Sunbury Day Hospital, Transition Care at Hazeldean and a range of community based services. We care for a diverse community of over 1 million people with complex care needs ranging from Neonates to Geriatrics.
Our employees enjoy a wide range of benefits such as:
- Professional development support
- Career advancement opportunities
- Salary packaging including novated vehicle leasing
- Work-life balance
Western Health is an equal opportunity employer committed to attracting and retaining diversity in our workforce. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Western Health is committed to providing a safe environment for the children and young people who are involved in our services, sites and operations. We follow and abide by all legislative requirements to keep children and young people safe.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Police Record Check, an Immunisation status clearance and (if applicable) a Working with Children’s Check.
Western Health do not accept unsolicited resumes/applications from Recruitment Agencies.
Enquiries: Shani Paiva
Position Ref: 41556
To view the position description or submit your application, please click the 'Apply for this job' button below.
- Job type:Entry Level Jobs
Health, Pharmacy and Pharmacology
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:21st Jul 2021, 1:59 pm