Who we want:
Students from all disciplines are welcome to apply for the CIB Program. At Westpac Group, we recognise that a finance/analytical background is preferred but not necessary to join our team. If you have the intellectual curiosity and drive to learn we have the training infrastructure to foster and develop the skills you need.
Sydney, NSW and Melbourne, VIC
2 rotations of 5 weeks
Core Rotation Areas:
A selection of: Customer Insights & Analytics (CI&A), Relationship Coverage, Loans & Syndications, Structured Finance, Trade Finance, Asset Finance, Sustainable Finance, Acquisition & Leverage Finance, Credit Portfolio Management, Business Controls
CIB, which sits within Westpac’s Institutional Bank, focuses on understanding the needs of our institutional and government clients to support them through their lifecycle, whether that be to provide financing and solutions for growth opportunities, to assist in navigating through times of change, or simply just to support their financial wellbeing.
We also aim to collaborate and partner with our clients to help solve global challenges including respecting human rights and supporting the transition to a climate resilient future by structuring loans so they are linked to achieving environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG) outcomes.
- CIB has industry specific expertise across general corporates, energy, infrastructure, resources, financial institutions, health, government and real estate.
- Work with dedicated teams to gain a deep understanding of our clients' businesses and the needs and challenges they face.
- Recognised as a leader in the field, you'll work alongside our talented people based throughout Australia, New Zealand, Asia, UK and the US.
- A great place to start your career, we'll introduce you to the products that help us look after the needs of our customers. It's a wide range, including providing financial solutions for general corporate purposes, asset purchases, trade, M&A funding.
Future career opportunities:
Fast-track your career progression into the Grad Program and into any of the following roles within the CIB team:
- Customer Insights & Analytics
- Relationship Coverage
- Debt Products
- Chief Operating Office
- Business Controls & Monitoring
Former Intern Testimonial:
Kevin, 2019 CIB Summer Intern, now 2021 Graduate
“I studied a combined Bachelor of Commerce/Science at the University of Sydney and, in my spare time, I love catching up with friends and playing tennis.
I was a CIB Summer Intern, but I’m also from an Engineering background!
I chose to apply to Westpac Group’s Summer Intern Program due to the friendly and collaborative culture of the bank: this really stood out to me. Everyone is very approachable and happy to have a chat, regardless of their title and business area.
I was attracted to CIB in particular because it’s a fast-paced, client facing side of the bank, and it deals with a huge range of clients across all industries”.
- Job type:Internships
Accounting, Actuary, Administration, Agriculture, Architecture, Arts...
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- POSITION START DATE
Dec 2021 (approx)
- Program Duration
- Remote Friendly
- Closing Date:6th Aug 2021, 1:59 pm