Who should apply:
We're looking for diverse talent in Risk – you should apply if you have a quantitative aptitude, ability to problem solve and strong leadership potential. Degrees highly considered are Mathematics and Statistics, Commerce and Technology, Computer Science, Actuarial Studies, Engineering, Quantitative Finance and STEM.
Where you will work:
12months, 3x 4month Rotations
What is Risk?
- Effective risk management sets the Westpac Group apart from our competitors and gives us the edge we need to be one of the world's great companies. It is about striking the right balance between protecting and optimising our business. Risk professionals protect the bank against unexpected loss, develop control frameworks and manage regulatory, compliance and other risks.
- A lot of people think risk is all about numbers, that's an important part of it, but it's not the only piece. We support a strong and risk aware organisation through expert advice, constructive challenge and innovative solutions. We develop relationships, build trust and help solve problems. Numbers are only part of it.
- As a member of the Group Risk Business your analytical skills will support you to understand the frameworks, strategies, tools and culture required to meet our Risk regulatory, legislative and business obligations.
How it works
You will work across a broad network of stakeholders and learn how to negotiate, collaborate and share your analytical and problem solving skills to deliver the best outcome for the business.
- You will receive a ‘best-in-class’ experience understanding the foundations of the Group Risk Function. Supported through on-the-job training, mentoring and practical workshops that strengthen your Risk knowledge, capability and skills.
- Each Risk Graduate will complete three rotations – your third rotation will be selected by you based on your career goals.
During our one year Graduate Program, you will:
- Be given the opportunity to work across three Risk business teams to understand the different focus across the Group Risk Function;
- Start your Risk Leadership career through on-the-job training, mentoring and practical workshops that strengthen your Risk knowledge, capability and skills;
- Deliver oversight, insight and control to support our business partners in their decision making; and
- Participate in industry-leading initiatives and have a chance to develop your problem solving skills.
Future career opportunities
As a Risk Graduate your Risk career will be supported by those who you have worked with and your area of interest. This could include:
- Financial Crime and Assurance
- Credit Risk
- Insurance Risk
- Operational Risk
That said, at Westpac your career opportunities are endless. If you have a dream to work somewhere within the Westpac Group, we’ll do whatever we can to help make it happen.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Actuary, Administration, Agriculture, Architecture, Arts...
Australian Permanent Resident, Australian Citizen,...
- Closing Date:25th Mar 2020, 1:56 am