Wipro Limited (NYSE: WIT, BSE: 507685, NSE: WIPRO) is a leading global information technology, consulting and business process services company. We harness the power of cognitive computing, hyper-automation, robotics, cloud, analytics and emerging technologies to help our clients adapt to the digital world and make them successful.
Wipro currently has 0 opportunities.
Select the following options:
If you’re interested in working at Wipro, understanding when they have opened up applications for their graduate programs, graduate jobs and internships is helpful knowledge to have so you know when you might need to apply. Use the below information to see when Wipro hires graduates, but more importantly what graduate degree’s and other student attributes they target for their jobs.
Wipro Limited (NYSE: WIT, BSE: 507685, NSE: Wipro) is a leading global information technology, consulting and business process services company. We harness the power of cognitive computing, hyper-automation, robotics, cloud, analytics and emerging technologies to help our clients adapt to the digital world and make them successful. A company recognized globally for its comprehensive portfolio of services, strong commitment to sustainability and good corporate citizenship, we have over 160,000 dedicated employees serving clients across six continents.
Wipro started its journey in Australia over 15 years ago and has been a pioneer of new age, disruptive and transformative innovations. Our presence in Australia has been strengthened with several transformational programs that have been successfully delivered over the years in both private and public sectors.
Our ambition is to be the trusted partner for our clients in their pursuit of agility, efficiency and digitisation.
With over 2,000 employees in Australia, we are committed to increase localisation. We serve over 55 customers in Australia across diverse industry segments, with at least a third listed in the top 100 ASX. These include:
- Top Australian retailer
- Major departments in federal and state government
- Top 3 telecom companies
- Top 3 insurance firms
- Largest operator of oil & gas production
- 2 of the top 3 gas & electricity retailers in Australia
- 2 of the Top 3 universities
- Top water utilities companies
- Top 2 transmission & distribution companies
Wipro Limited is a leading global information technology, consulting and business process services company. We harness the power of cognitive computing, hyper-automation, robotics, cloud, analytics and emerging technologies to help our clients adapt to the digital world and make them successful. A company recognized globally for its comprehensive portfolio of services, strong commitment to sustainability and good corporate citizenship, we have over 180,000 dedicated employees serving clients across six continents. Together, we discover ideas and connect the dots to build a better and a bold new future.
To strengthen the future of Information Technology, we are looking for bright, aspiring graduates for our IT Graduate Engineer program. You will be experiencing the next generation of technology-focused careers unfolding at Wipro Australia, supporting our customers, and giving back to local communities.
As a graduate you will be working in roles such as Developer, Test Engineer, Support Engineer or Consultant. Depending on our clients’ demands you will be provided with technical training and project work in one of the following technologies: Java, testing (manual/automation), Salesforce (Java, Apex, Visualforce), Big Data/Hadoop, IoT, cyber security, AI, cloud, data analytics, service desk, etc.
What we are looking for
- A team player
- Open-minded, curious and willed to learn
- Adaptable to changing environment
- Able to solve problems and think creatively
- A strong communicator, both written and verbal
- An excellent listener to evaluate customer needs and translate into workable solutions
- Australian Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in IT-related fields
- Experience gained through major-related internship
- Flair towards programming, preferably in object-oriented environment
- No more than 2 years of professional work experience
- Australian citizenship or permanent residency (incl. NZ citizenship)
Why join Wipro
A career at Wipro means a life-long opportunity to explore your potential, continuous growth, and the joy of working on the latest technologies alongside the finest minds in the industry. An inspiring combination of growth prospects, continuous innovation, fair play and a great work culture makes Wipro an exhilarating place to be in.
What you can expect
- International and multicultural work environment
- Stable full-time employment
- Potential opportunities of international travels
- Exposure to latest technologies
- Become an expert in customer centricity
- Experience project life-cycle
With operations in over 62 countries and 1254 global clients, Wipro is one of the leading global information technology, consulting and outsourcing companies across the globe.
An inspiring environment, continuous growth opportunities, unceasing innovation, and work-life balance makes Wipro a great place to belong. At Wipro, we strive to offer more than just a job, we offer new career avenues that intersect our business in a way that you develop your full potential, while maximizing the company’s growth. We firmly believe that we can achieve business efficiency only through our people and their expertise to innovate.
Opportunities for career growth and development within the organization are immense at Wipro. A clear and defined career path results in higher retention, a rich depth of expertise amongst employees, and invaluable loyalty towards the employer. A career at Wipro means a life-long opportunity to explore your potential, continuous growth, and the joy of working on the latest technologies alongside the finest minds in the industry. An inspiring combination of growth prospects, continuous innovation, fair play and a great work culture makes Wipro an exhilarating place to be in.
Equal opportunities, equal dignity without discrimination
At Wipro, applicants are considered for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications and competencies. As an employee, you will enjoy equal opportunity in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, training conditions of service and career progression. Furthermore, we are committed to maintaining a workplace where each employee's privacy and personal dignity is respected and protected from offensive or threatening behavior including violence and sexual harassment.
- While hiring we do not regard age, race, creed, color, gender, marital status, national origin, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status and any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws or regulations.
- All advertisements for posts give clear and accurate information to enable potential applicants to assess their own suitability for the post.
- Information about vacant posts will be provided in such a manner that it does not restrict its audience in terms of age, race, creed, color, gender, marital status, national origin, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status and any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws or regulations.
- Recruitment literature will not imply a preference for one group of applicants unless there is a genuine occupational qualification, which limits the post to this particular group, in which case this will be clearly stated.
- All descriptions and specifications for posts will include only requirements that are necessary and justifiable for the effective performance of the job.
- All selection procedures will be thorough, conducted against defined criteria and will deal only with the applicant's suitability for the job.
- Applicants may contact the Talent Acquisition team for any assistance during the recruitment process in case of any disadvantage faced due to any reason.
- Any request for assistance of any manner due to a challenge faced by the applicant will not have any bearing on the candidature, unless the job requirement excludes such challenges
- Where existing employees acquire a disability while in employment, we take necessary steps to enable them to retain their employment.
Diversity & Accessibility
- We value and respect the cultural contribution of all our employees who are hired from over 40 nationalities.
- HR Departments are set up across all geographies to understand and craft processes and policies appropriate to the legal, social and business environment of the geography we are present in.
- All offices and information systems are constantly revamped to incorporate the accessibility needs and requirements of employees.
- We maintain an open system where employees can requisition reasonable facilities for comfortable working/interview environment.
- We offer opportunities to all employees and interview candidates to voice their concerns regarding accessibility. This is to ensure that there are appropriate infrastructural or process oriented changes made to make the Wipro workplace an inclusive environment where employees feel their differences are respected and valued, and not just tolerated.
- Wipro's employees are given opportunities to be trained on appropriate systems, processes and modules regardless of age, race, creed, color, gender, marital status, national origin, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status and any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws or regulations.
- All employees will be encouraged to discuss their career prospects and training needs with their Manager/Supervisor or the HR Department.
Nurturing an inclusive and diverse work environment is of utmost priority at Wipro. We believe that having a diverse workforce is not only important for our business, in fact, it is essential as it promotes an inclusive culture that benefits every stakeholder. To achieve the same, we have embarked on a journey called ‘winspire’, which ranks talent over everything else.
What we mean by diversity?
Diversity can be understood as a wide variety of differences or similarities/dimensions among people. e.g. gender, race/ethnicity, age, language, education, geography, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, work experience, and role. Simply put, it is a demographic makeup of teams/organization.
Why is inclusion critical for us?
Inclusion emphasizes encouraging participation, leveraging and integrating diversity into everyday working. It is all about valuing the differences and celebrating the uniqueness among individuals with respect; creating a workplace where an employee is accepted; and treated as an insider by others in a team. In an inclusive organization people feel welcomed, respected, engaged, recognized and motivated: there is an overall sense of belonging. Diversity and inclusion, together are a potent force. Hence, as an organization, we do not look at just the numbers, graphs or metrics of how diverse we are. We want to build a truly inclusive work environment.
Wipro's Inclusion & Diversity Charter
- Cultural Sensitization
- Thought Leadership
- Unconscious Bias
Sustainability at Wipro is all about good citizenship
A corporation’s progress is a function of three key vectors that shape what we call ‘Good Citizenship’ – i.e. the corporation itself, the society in which it operates and the environment that envelops all of these. These are also the vectors that form the crux of our corporate citizenship philosophy and the base of all our sustainability initiatives. Employee engagement is an integral part of all that we do and we encourage employees to volunteer, acting thus as catalysts in bringing about positive change.
Wipro Cares - a not-for-profit trust is an earnest initiative that aims to make compelling and channelized contributions in the areas of education, community service projects and social development.
Wipro Cares is currently engaged in 16 projects across India. Through seven of its healthcare projects in four states of India Wipro Cares is providing more than 75000 people in 53 villages access to primary healthcare. Our projects in disaster rehabilitation have helped rebuild the lives of people affected by Karnataka Floods, Bihar Floods, Japan Tsunami, Hurricane Sandy, Philippines Cyclone, Uttarakhand Floods, Odisha Floods and many more. To know more about Wipro Cares, please visit http://www.wipro.org/community/wipro-cares.html
Our initiatives in sustainable education are multi-stakeholder focused and long-term. The initiatives address diverse stakeholders ranging from colleges from which Wipro recruits a large pool of its human resources to the larger society. It includes local educational institutions, engineering colleges, universities, educational and other civil society organizations, schools, teachers, students and parents. Over time, these have achieved significant scale in terms of 1000s of schools and colleges and more than a million students impacted directly or indirectly.
- Wipro Applying Thoughts in Schools focuses on long-term societal development through school education reform and so has supported civil society capability development, published quality educational support material and influenced ideas in education through public advocacy.
- Mission10X focuses on making the engineering education system responsive to evolving needs and so has supported faculty development in colleges to increase learning with understanding and employability of graduates.
We, at Wipro, are one of the strongest believers and advocates of preservation and conservation.
- Eco-eye is the way we see ourselves and our engagement with stakeholders - on the journey to more sustainable business practices. The initiative focuses on reducing the ecological footprint of our business operations, and engagement with employees and our supply chain, partners and customers to create a more sustainable society, and transparent reporting/disclosures.
- Earthian is our sustainability program for educational institutions across the globe. The vision of Earthian is rooted in the challenging task that humanity faces of finding solutions to several sustainability issues.